New Agent & Experienced Investor—How Can I Best Contribute & Connect Here?

New Agent & Experienced Investor—How Can I Best Contribute & Connect Here?

Real Estate Agent · Worcester, MA · Member since 2024 · 107 posts · 45 votes

Hey everyone, excited to be here!

I’ve been a real estate investor since 2015, owning and managing multiple multifamily properties and running a short-term rental business in Cape Cod, the Lakes Region of NH, and the Berkshires. Recently, I became a licensed agent specializing in short-term rentals and multifamilies, particularly in vacation markets and Worcester County.

I joined BiggerPockets to share insights, learn from others, and connect with investors who want to scale their portfolios.

For those who are active on this platform:

  • -What’s the best way to introduce myself and provide value here?
  • -As an agent and investor, how have you used BiggerPockets to build relationships and generate leads?
  • -What’s one piece of advice you wish you had when you started here?

Looking forward to engaging with the community and learning from all of you!

1Reply
28 views

Most Popular Reply

Nathan GesnerBusiness Member
Moderator
Real Estate Broker · Cody, WY · Member since 2010 · 28k+ posts · 41k+ votes
1y
Quote from @Sameul Ahsan:

You just handled the introduction part!

Find the forum categories that you are most experienced/interested in and participate. Post questions to learn or create discussions. Share your wisdom with the less-experienced users.

Always remember this is a forum for learning, first and foremost. Gaining clients from your interactions should be a secondary goal. 

The DIY Landlord Book4.7247 Reviews
See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · New Britain, CT · Member since 2016 · 25 posts · 8 votes
    1y

    Welcome Sameul, 

    Sounds like you're doing some great things. Adding value can be as simple as answering a forum with your knowledge and experience! Never know who it could help. 

    All the best 

  • Nathan GesnerBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Cody, WY · Member since 2010 · 28k+ posts · 41k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Sameul Ahsan:

    You just handled the introduction part!

    Find the forum categories that you are most experienced/interested in and participate. Post questions to learn or create discussions. Share your wisdom with the less-experienced users.

    Always remember this is a forum for learning, first and foremost. Gaining clients from your interactions should be a secondary goal. 

    The DIY Landlord Book4.7247 Reviews
  • Real Estate Agent · Worcester, MA · Member since 2024 · 107 posts · 45 votes
    1y

    Thank You!

  • Brandon VukelichBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Tacoma, WA: 🏢 27 LTRs 🏡 3 STRs · Member since 2018 · 547 posts · 457 votes
    1y

    Welcome @Sameul Ahsan! As other have stated, the best thing you can do for the BP community is contribute to the forums. Hopefully in a positive and helpful manner rather than judging and criticizing like some, which thankfully is pretty rare. 

    Being a part of the featured agent program has helped generate leads and build relationships from those leads. 

    Piece of advice - when I started I wish I would have focused on my multifamily niche/expertise from day one vs trying to be the agent for everyone (flippers, STR buyers, land, etc).

    Best wishes on your journey!

    Broker at Multifamily Properties519 Reviews
  • Specialist · Member since 2025 · 52 posts · 10 votes
    1y

    Hi Samuel, welcome to the community! Your background in multifamily properties, short-term rentals, and your recent transition into a licensed agent role are impressive. I appreciate your proactive approach to connecting with fellow investors.

    To answer your questions:

    • Introducing Yourself: I recommend crafting a brief yet detailed introduction that highlights your unique experience and the markets you serve. Sharing a recent success or lesson learned can spark immediate interest and provide value.

    • Building Relationships and Generating Leads: Active engagement—through thoughtful comments, sharing actionable insights, and starting targeted conversations—has been key for me. I've found that consistency and authenticity not only build long-term relationships but also open doors for lead generation. In fact, I help professionals generate leads and streamline operations by assisting with VA hiring, ensuring that time is spent on high-impact activities.

    • Key Piece of Advice: One thing I wish I’d known sooner is that networking here is about cultivating long-term relationships rather than just quick wins. Every interaction is an opportunity to learn, share, and grow your network organically.

    Looking forward to your contributions and learning from your experiences in both investing and the agency space. Welcome aboard and happy networking!

    @Sameul Ahsan

  • Member since 2025 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    1y

    Sameul,

    I'd love to connect. I am a wholesaler/investor in the area and I would love to help you find your next deals, or just chat about your experiences. Contact me!

    • Real Estate Agent · Worcester, MA · Member since 2024 · 107 posts · 45 votes
      1y

      @Account Closed DM me 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.