Yellow Letter Marketing for Realtors

Yellow Letter Marketing for Realtors

Involved In Real Estate · Richmond, VA · Member since 2013 · 51 posts · 4 votes

Anybody used yellow letter marketing solely as a Realtor with any success?

0Reply
38 views

Most Popular Reply

Flipper/Rehabber · Greeley, CO · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
12y

I do this.

I send letters to absentees and probate lists. I do not hand write them or use yellow paper. I send a simple letter explaining I am an investor looking to buy their home and I am also a licensed real estate agent. My goal is to buy the house, but I also offer free valuations as a Realtor. I get quite a few calls and I have had listings and I am buying a house as we speak that was an awesome deal.

It takes a lot of time and follow up to make this work. I would have had much more success if I was better at follow up. I am very honest and tell people they will get more money for their house if they list it with me. That really opens them up and builds a relationship.

See this reply in the discussion

29 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Bakersfield, CA · Member since 2008 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    I think if youre going to sent something handwritten and you are worrying that its not professional enough then send a letter on typed letterhead paper with photo at the top, placed well,  with a live signature and  sticky note that is handwritten so they think you actually took the time to personalize it and then mail it in a REAL handwritten envelope.

  • Investor · Washington D.C., MD · Member since 2013 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    12y

    @Tony Cavalli I guess more branding I introduced myself as an agent in the DC area, but also included something like I can get top market dollar if they were to sell with me and my contact number, I didn't include a card even though I have before. Although I'm thinking more on the investor side these days at the time I was thinking more like an agent and came across a few motivated sellers this way.

  • Involved In Real Estate · Richmond, VA · Member since 2013 · 51 posts · 4 votes
    12y

    Do you have to disclose you are a Realtor in your marketing to distressed properties? 

    Not that I'm trying to hide the fact but I don't want to send a mixed message or even steer the prospects mind in the direction of listing unless we can't negotiate a wholesale price.

  • Developer · Bentonville, AR · Member since 2013 · 45 posts · 25 votes
    10y

    Great thread. I've been hung up on how being licensed seems to compromise sending letters as a principal. This all helps.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.