Career before RE agent?

Career before RE agent?

Member since 2008 · 11 posts · 0 votes

Hi everyone,

I'm curious what careers others may have had before becoming an agent or REI.

Manish

0Reply
51 views

24 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Consultant · Manasquan, NJ · Member since 2008 · 10 posts · 1 vote
    18y

    Corporate Recruiter in the Pharmaceutical Industry

  • Bellevue, WA · Member since 2008 · 156 posts · 57 votes
    18y

    Accountant. Got my CPA last November, in fact.

  • Real Estate Investor · Dallas, TX · Member since 2008 · 6 posts · 1 vote
    18y

    I was a DayTrader

  • Investor · Washington, DC · Member since 2008 · 44 posts · 15 votes
    18y

    College Grad
    Built a Party Planning Business - but wasn't an owner and got nothing when it was sold to Vegas.com
    VP of Operations for Yacht Blinds International - Mainly just a sales Manager and oversaw factory work. - stopped that because as much as I grew the company the owner drove it into the ground. they still put out a great product.
    Bartender/Resturaunt Manager for Outback Steakhouse - great job for income while you build a business! hours are in the evening.
    Have been a Realtor for 2 years - Project Manager for a Developer for 1 year.

    I am 29 and have finally realized that I keep building others company's so now it is time to build my own. I wouldn't trade any of that for where I am at now, all of it was a GREAT learning process. However, I just wish I would have started earlier in Real Estate. I could have made a ton of money helping my friends with Rentals when I was in college.

    Real Estate is a great job to learn about how Businesses work.

  • Realtor · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2008 · 33 posts · 0 votes
    18y

    Owned a Hardware Store

  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Peoria, AZ · Member since 2008 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    18y

    I was in retail sales prior to becoming a Realtor. I was working way too much, getting paid way too little, and expected to control things that were out of my control once I was in management.

    I was spending way too much time away from my kids and I was lucky enough that my husband made enough income that I was able to quit and stay home with the kids.

    That quickly drove me crazy. I needed more adult interaction. Because I always had interest in real estate I decided to get involved.

    I am very happy with the decision.

  • Commercial Real Estate Broker · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2008 · 32 posts · 0 votes
    18y

    High school student...

  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Shreveport, LA · Member since 2008 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    18y

    Stay-at-home mom after 7 years in the natural gas industry.

  • Real Estate Consultant · Member since 2008 · 792 posts · 30 votes
    18y

    Army

  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Denver, CO · Member since 2008 · 8 posts · 0 votes
    17y

    I was a Police Officer..

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Grand Blanc, MI · Member since 2008 · 885 posts · 316 votes
    17y

    I'm a part time agent, and full time IT professional. I'm also a part time appraiser and investor.

    For me, the idea of becoming a Realtor was natural.

  • Real Estate Investor · Ocala, FL · Member since 2008 · 742 posts · 463 votes
    17y

    Financial Planner. I got tired of being a suit -and -tie -guy and found investing in real estate. It has been the best ride of my life. I have not only made more money than I could ever use, but have also found a true passion that I look forward to everyday. I truly enjoy what I do now and hope that everyone enjoys themselves as much.

  • Involved In Real Estate · Anderson, SC · Member since 2008 · 350 posts · 70 votes
    17y

    Technician in plastics, 99% was HDPE blowmolding, both bottles and automotive/industrial.

  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Indy, IN · Member since 2008 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    17y

    I was a Transportation Manager

  • Real Estate Consultant · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2008 · 25 posts · 2 votes
    17y

    Recruiter - similar business. I had to find the employers and fill the positions. Matchmaking

  • Involved In Real Estate · Houston / Pearland, TX · Member since 2008 · 24 posts · 0 votes
    17y

    Currently in College.

  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Gulfport, MS · Member since 2008 · 12 posts · 0 votes
    17y

    British Army - Corps of Royal Military Police
    Master at Arms - QE2
    Senior Contracts Manager
    Coroners Officer
    Internal Affairs Investigator
    Relocated from UK to USA
    Interior Design Student - Batchelors Degree (Currently) via distance learning
    Realtor
    ..........all this and I am still only 25 lol

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Austin, TX · Member since 2008 · 29 posts · 1 vote
    17y

    I was a program manager for various software companies around the country. I love the freedom and opportunity in working for myself so unless disaster strikes I won't be going back anytime soon.

    Joe

  • Investor · Kern county Riverside County, CA · Member since 2008 · 494 posts · 261 votes
    17y

    Construction Contractor
    2nd grade teacher
    Radio DJ
    I was only good at 1 of the 3!

  • Member since 2008 · 11 posts · 0 votes
    17y

    It's great to see so many varied responses from my first post back in April... I'm an IT professional and am doing REI on the side, along working as an agent.

  • Real Estate Investor · the villages, FL · Member since 2008 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    17y

    As the Title of my book on the Avatar, I was a late night JANITOR.

  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Clearwater, FL · Member since 2008 · 67 posts · 0 votes
    17y

    Mortgage Broker

  • Real Estate Attorney · The Woodlands, TX · Member since 2008 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    17y

    First I practiced law for 6 years, then was co-owner of a RE appraisal firm, then got my TX RE agent's license, then came back into the law practice. Full circle.

  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Alto, MI · Member since 2008 · 8 posts · 0 votes
    17y

    CNC Machinist in the automotive industry.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.