I'm taking the plunge, signing up for Illinois RE license classes

I'm taking the plunge, signing up for Illinois RE license classes

Rental Property Investor · Bethalto, IL · Member since 2014 · 319 posts · 103 votes

Well, I have been mulling this over for several months, and today is the day.  I am signing up to take my Illinois real estate classes(online).  I am going to work part time(but as a member of a team...my business partner is already a full time realtor, and we will each be sharing a portion of our sales.).  I will be keeping my day job, and working to build some extra income(to invest) from RE sales.  I am the right age for my friends to be upgrading to their next home.  

Any advice from anyone would be appreciated!  I am going to depend heavily on word of mouth, and my friends.  Plus i am going to start attending the local RE group meetings(which i have been meaning to do anyway).

DJ

1Reply
20 views

Most Popular Reply

Flipper/Rehabber · York, UK · Member since 2013 · 895 posts · 453 votes
10y

Good for you @DJ Cummins. You're already a step ahead by having a team and mentor you can work with.  Start out doing exactly what you're doing here, let everyone know about this next step and give your friends/family/sphere a chance to support you in your new career.

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Flipper/Rehabber · York, UK · Member since 2013 · 895 posts · 453 votes
    10y

    Good for you @DJ Cummins. You're already a step ahead by having a team and mentor you can work with.  Start out doing exactly what you're doing here, let everyone know about this next step and give your friends/family/sphere a chance to support you in your new career.

  • Rental Property Investor · Lynnwood, WA · Member since 2015 · 45 posts · 21 votes
    10y
    DJ Cummins Good on you for taking the plunge, the extra knowledge and income will definitely help on the investment side.. I took the plunge myself last week and took on a part time sales gig on the home loans side, not only for the extra income to re-invest, but also to gain the knowledge and skill to help place others in the most stable income producing wealth building asset class in America... Best of luck!
  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2008 · 579 posts · 225 votes
    10y

    Awesome, DJ!!!

    Rock the success!

  • Investor · TN · Member since 2014 · 508 posts · 167 votes
    10y

    Sounds like a good plan @DJ Cummins.  Looking forward to seeing you progress!

  • Chicago, IL · Member since 2015 · 469 posts · 81 votes
    10y

    Congrats on your decision

    @DJ Cummins!!undefined

  • Rental Property Investor · Bethalto, IL · Member since 2014 · 319 posts · 103 votes
    10y

    Thanks all!  I paid my $600.00 for the classes last night, and will get my books in about a week.  I am nervous, and excited at the same time!!  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.