Proctor Needed for Online PA Real Estate Licensing Course

Proctor Needed for Online PA Real Estate Licensing Course

Cranberry Twp, PA · Member since 2016 · 27 posts · 6 votes

Hello out there!

I have recently completed a Kaplan online course for Pennsylvania.  The next step of the process is to arrange for a proctor and take the online exam.  The proctor must be a disinterested third party, not a relative or a friend.

My question goes out to anyone else who has been at this stage in PA or elsewhere... How did you find your proctor?

Thank you in advance for your guidance...

Tom

Thomas C. Barrage

House Flip Capital, LLC

0Reply
35 views

Most Popular Reply

Flipper/Rehabber · Allentown, PA · Member since 2011 · 1k+ posts · 701 votes
9y

@Thomas C. Barrage

My township library proctored mine and asked for a small donation. 

@Jay Hinrichs you must think we're a foreign country the way we do real estate over this way lol

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor/Realtor · Hoover, AL · Member since 2010 · 1k+ posts · 459 votes
    9y

    @Thomas C. Barrage..Consider reaching out to RE testing sites/school as an option. GL

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    9y

    strange  most states you go to one place like once a week and the state administers the test

    and or there are companies that do this for all sorts of licensing  IE contractors  insurance  mortgage etc.. google those

    other wise a lot of times an Escrow officer at a national title company will work.. if you have title and escrow companies.. if you only have lawyer closings maybe a closing attorney that you will or have brought deals to will do it.

    @Mark Gallagher  how did you take your test there In the great state of PA....

  • Cranberry Twp, PA · Member since 2016 · 27 posts · 6 votes
    9y

    Mark,

    I have not taken the PA state or national tests yet. I am taking an on-line course through Kaplan that has a prep-test as part of the course.  After taking the prep-test while utilizing a proctor... and passing... then I can get the credentials from Kaplan that I have completed the course.  After that, it's up to me to sign-up and take the official tests to obtain my license. 

    In reviewing what I said, I guess I was incorrect in stating that I completed the course.  I completed the instructional portion of the online course ONLY.  Now I need to take the course final exam to complete the course.

    So... I'm looking for how to find a proctor for the final exam of the Kaplan online course... So if anyone out there has done this, please let me know what you did.

    Thanks,

    Tom

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Allentown, PA · Member since 2011 · 1k+ posts · 701 votes
    9y

    @Thomas C. Barrage

    My township library proctored mine and asked for a small donation. 

    @Jay Hinrichs you must think we're a foreign country the way we do real estate over this way lol

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    9y

    @Mark Gallagher  not really I got my Brokers RE license in MS.. and it was like taking a drivers test a little pamphlet show up at the state department..  13 total questions  I got 11 correct and there you go newly minted broker in MS.. now to be fair that was a reciprocal with my California brokers license .. someone starting from scratch has to take the federal part and I suspect the state of MS part is more than 13 questions.. but you know you play the hand your dealt.

  • Cranberry Twp, PA · Member since 2016 · 27 posts · 6 votes
    9y

    Thanks! I'll check with my library!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.