Realtor · West Hartford, CT · Member since 2016 · 8 posts · 4 votes
Hi Everyone,
I have passed CT real estate exam couple of months ago and looking for a broker to hang my licences with.
I know this might not be a new topic in the forum, my situation is a little unique.
I have a full time job which I intend to keep for the time being. My husband and I just started investing in Multi family, our goal is to acquire 2-3 properties in the next 12 months.
Meanwhile, I know there are many Chinese investors and new immigrants buying US properties as primary residence or investment . New England has good school district and the property value is higher, I'm considering use the license to work as part time buyers agent to make commission on the side.
My question is which type of broker should I affiliate with. I have interviewed with a few, some of them do look for full time agents only. Any broker firm you recommend in Connecticut would be great !
Property Manager · Windsor Locks, CT · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
9y
Hi @Zora Luan, my advice is to find a local broker, rather than one of the big mega players. Smaller brokers are likely to have more flexible terms, lower fees, and might be able to give you a better commission split. Try reaching out to @Rick Santasiere. He is located in Granby.
Property Manager · Windsor Locks, CT · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
9y
Hi @Zora Luan, my advice is to find a local broker, rather than one of the big mega players. Smaller brokers are likely to have more flexible terms, lower fees, and might be able to give you a better commission split. Try reaching out to @Rick Santasiere. He is located in Granby.
Real Estate Broker · Granby, CT · Member since 2015 · 695 posts · 317 votes
9y
Filipe Pereira Brendan Griffin thanks for the mention. Zora Luan congrats on getting your license. I'm willing to meet with you for coffee some time during the day when you have some time. PM me if you wish.
Realtor · West Hartford, CT · Member since 2016 · 8 posts · 4 votes
9y
Thank you @Filipe Pereira I haven't talked to any local brokers yet, especially those who have experience working with investors. I will definitely connect with @Rick Santasiere!
Flipper/Rehabber · New Britain, CT · Member since 2017 · 80 posts · 28 votes
9y
@Zora Luan, I am with Coldwell Banker and their support and training is just fantastic, not to mention technology backup.
It's all about negotiation, I managed to work out a good split terms. PM me if you need any info, I can get you connected to my branch manager , she is very good and can help you out!