How Much Success Can You Have Being A Real Estate Agent?

How Much Success Can You Have Being A Real Estate Agent?

San Clemente, CA · Member since 2017 · 18 posts · 8 votes

Hey everyone!

My plan for a while has been to go to college and pursue an MBA, however I won't be ending my service in the Marines until I'm 24 and that would require a minimum of an additional 5 years of my life where I won't be earning full-time income which would in the end put me behind on my ultimate goal of being net worth of 5 million by the age of 35. So I've been exploring other career opportunities in sales in order to generate income to invest in real estate which is ideally the goal here.

What determines your success as an Agent/Realtor?

I have a really outgoing personality and would definitely consider myself a people person. I am also a very hard worker and am already used to putting in a minimum of 60 hours of work a week. So I feel as though I could definitely be a good salesman but I'd like to know a little more about real estate sales.

Does location have a big impact on your success?

How hard is it getting started out/how long did it take you to sell your first house/property?

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

0Reply
20 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Temecula, CA · Member since 2014 · 992 posts · 782 votes
    9y

    YOu can make very little or gobs of money at real estate.  I fyou are smart, people person and eager to work , you can make it.  My recommendation is to find a big agent in your area and offer to work for very cheap to learn the business (Get your license first- not hard)  Find out how they started and how they made it big.  Make sure you are ethical in all that you do.  

    The first year will be tough, but that really goes for any profession. I wouldn't worry so much about the end goal timeline You will get there. , have yearly goals to make sure you are progressing. .

  • Real Estate Investor · Memphis, TN · Member since 2016 · 940 posts · 695 votes
    9y

    @Hunter Johnston - you can definitely work full time while you are in college. My husband owned/ran our business and graduated with a 3.89 in 5 semesters. It just takes some focus and desire. Also if your interest is in REI, I found zero reason to pursue an MBA. The best use of your time is learning those skills on the job and from those actively working in REI.

  • San Clemente, CA · Member since 2017 · 18 posts · 8 votes
    9y
    Thank you two for the responses! My only concern with being in school while attempted to get started in REI is because of the fact that it will be hard to get loans due to not having a current income, plus id feel more secure if I had extra income to cover any additional fees/emergency expenses!
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.