Any Cloud Brokerages that Do Not Require You to Join a MLS?

Any Cloud Brokerages that Do Not Require You to Join a MLS?

Oakland, CA · Member since 2014 · 51 posts · 4 votes

I got my license to write my own offers on my own rental properties I buy. I have no intention to represent sellers or buyers, or ever list a property. No need for the MLS.

Including the cloud brokers like REAL and EXP Realty- all the brokerages I've researched so far require to join a local MLS & NAR. As a company policy, not law. My local MLS comes out to $966 per year! It bundles CAR membership. I have no need.

Any brokerages you know of that don't require MLS membership?

1Reply
211 views

Most Popular Reply

Russell BrazilBusiness Member
Moderator
Real Estate Agent · Washington, D.C. · Member since 2012 · 17k+ posts · 30k+ votes
8y

Never heard of a brokerage that doesnt require you to join an MLS. Keep in mind your other associated costs with being an agent. Licensing fees, CE classes, E&O insurance, general business liability insurance, sentrilock/suprakey fees, board association, etcc. Its costly to maintain a real estate license.

Also keep in mind if you are not a member of your local board, you can not use their forms. They are copyrighted material that is licensed for use to their members.

See this reply in the discussion

39 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2022 · 1 post · 0 votes
    4y

    @Mike 

    @Mike Miller Have you found any brokerage that offered no mls and no nar obligations?

  • Real Estate Broker · Memphis, TN · Member since 2014 · 16 posts · 1 vote
    3y

    Hi there, I use MYSTATEMLS. It has more than 90,000 participants throughout the United States. I paid about $345 per year to be a member and I am licensed in 5 states and I am able to post all my listings in that one MLS.



  • Real Estate Agent · Tampa, FL · Member since 2023 · 1 post · 0 votes
    3y

    You can join under eXp Realty as referral only and that would allow you to skip the MLS fees

  • Real Estate Broker · DC MD, VA & NV · Member since 2014 · 512 posts · 292 votes
    3y

    Interesting @Kyle Hanger- but which brokerage are you with?

  • Real Estate Broker · DC MD, VA & NV · Member since 2014 · 512 posts · 292 votes
    3y
    Quote@Danny Lee:

    @Mike 

    @Mike Miller Have you found any brokerage that offered no mls and no nar obligations? EXP Realty recently started a referral only program. Only $50 per month with the access to most of EXP’s internal tech,training and systems with the opportunity to still receive monthly revenue share as an alternate income source! @Danny Lee 

  • Member since 2024 · 1 post · 0 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Willy Olsen:

    Its interesting at how many agents and brokers have been brainwashed into thinking that you have to be part of an association just to conduct business. In California the DRE does not require you to join any association. First Tuesday has contracts that you can use in California. If you run into an agent who refuses to accept contracts, they are in violation. You can pay an annual fee if you want to have access and usage of CAR forms, but why would you when you can get free real estate forms from Firdt Tuesday. A lot of agents do use a combo box in conjunction with a Supra. An other alternative is VaultLocks keybox that allows for a temp. Pass Code to open a Supra like key box. The real estate industry has changed a lot in the last 5 years and many real estate brokerages are going down the same path as commercial brokerages. Listings are on their own company web page or one of the mls type listing services. Marketing directs potential home buyers to their websites. As a result when the brokerage acts as the listing and selling brokerage it saves both home sellers and buyers money. If you want to sell a house go to where the Buyers are looking. And that's not the MLS. Most Buyers don't even know that there is a public access portal to search local listings. The majority of Buyers search 3rd party listing services which also provide listing agent contact info. Some agents on here where mentioning about all the benefits you get by being part of an association. The only ones who are benefitting are the associations in taking your hard earned money.

    I totally agree. I know this is an old post, but now with the recent NAR changes why do I need the MLS and the associated fee that Come with it like CAR and NAR. The business is going to change completely!!!
  • Lender · Henderson, NV · Member since 2014 · 36 posts · 16 votes
    1y

    My MLS MEMBERSHIP IS over $2400 per year!

    That is crazy!

    Going to a referral only agent status for a couple of years!

    • Real Estate Broker · San Diego, CA · Member since 2016 · 21 posts · 7 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Val Garrow:

      My MLS MEMBERSHIP IS over $2400 per year!

      That is crazy!

      Going to a referral only agent status for a couple of years!


       I know KEY realty in Vegas offers the Non realtor status.   I havent used them, but looked into this!

  • Oakland, CA · Member since 2014 · 51 posts · 4 votes
    1y

    I forgot I had posted this 7 years ago.

    Just an update, I end up joining an online brokerage that does not require local membership of an association to join their brokerage. But it is $40 a month if you're not an association member. (there is no monthly fee if you are an association member).

    Which I know is $480 a year, but when I looked at other similar brokerages, they get you on the commission split either way. Or They charge much higher fees per transaction.

    The one Im with for $40 a month, is 100% commission structure. They charge a flat rate of $600 per $1M in price.

    My local association and MLS combined is about $1,600 for the year.

    The only thing that I really miss is having access to the NAR forms or your local state forms, and the software to fill them out so easily, with Glide.com or Zipforms. etc... It makes it so much easier and faster to input everything and you have all the forms you need. Without membership association I lose access to the official forms and the software. But I guess it just depends on what you're doing and what you need.

  • Member since 2021 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    1y

    Hi,

    I am based in CA. Do you mind sharing the brokerage?

    Thanks,


    Ray

    • Real Estate Broker · San Diego, CA · Member since 2016 · 21 posts · 7 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Ray Trounday:

      Hi,

      I am based in CA. Do you mind sharing the brokerage?

      Thanks,


      Ray


      Hi Ray, I am your cloud broker in California. We use CRMLS for MLS access. No Realtor dues!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.