Looking for a Real Estate Agent near Denver - Investor Friendly

Looking for a Real Estate Agent near Denver - Investor Friendly

Rental Property Investor · Broomfield, CO · Member since 2017 · 35 posts · 7 votes

Hello my name is Gytenis (I go by "G") and I am a young professional who works in the engineering field. I recently relocated to Loveland where I work but would be looking for a house in Northern Denver area (Thornton and surrounding neighborhoods). I am looking for a real estate agent that is very familiar with rental and real estate markets there.

I am looking to house hack so I am currently looking either for a 4(+) bedroom/3(+) bathroom single family (preferred with in-law or basement with separate entrance), or duplex in Thornton or surrounding northern Denver metro area. I am looking to purchase this as an owner occupied home with the intention to rent it out by rooms at the moment and as a whole house in the future. I need something that is at least 2000 sq feet. I can do all the cash flow calculations myself, I am just hoping to find a professional who understands these calculations, so they can better understand the type of property I am looking for.

Any referrals or suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you!

Gytenis ("G")

0Reply
61 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Northern Colorado · Member since 2019 · 49 posts · 19 votes
6y

Great choices here.  You can also try @Dan Mackin.  He is a real estate agent that specializes in house hacks and lives in the northern Denver area.  He runs an investor's meetup group in Erie and has a podcast called The Millennial Real Estate Investor.  No matter what agent you go with the meetup and podcast are worth getting connected to.

See this reply in the discussion

12 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Fort Collins, CO · Member since 2010 · 350 posts · 222 votes
    6y

    @Chris Lopez is the guy you're looking for in that area. He runs the Denver Investment Real Estate podcast and focuses on helping investors in Denver.

  • Russell BrazilBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Agent · Washington, D.C. · Member since 2012 · 17k+ posts · 30k+ votes
    6y

    Try reaching out  to @Craig Curelop

  • Investor · Northern Colorado · Member since 2019 · 49 posts · 19 votes
    6y

    Great choices here.  You can also try @Dan Mackin.  He is a real estate agent that specializes in house hacks and lives in the northern Denver area.  He runs an investor's meetup group in Erie and has a podcast called The Millennial Real Estate Investor.  No matter what agent you go with the meetup and podcast are worth getting connected to.

  • Dan SheeksPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2016 · 621 posts · 362 votes
    6y

    @Craig Curelop is your man. You can reach out to him through Bigger Pockets.

  • Jeff WhiteBusiness Member
    Realtor · Denver, CO · Member since 2016 · 278 posts · 371 votes
    6y

    @Chris Lopez is a great realtor, and I highly recommend him.

  • Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2019 · 41 posts · 17 votes
    6y

    @Craig Curelop is your guy!

  • Craig CurelopBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Post Falls, ID · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    Thanks for the recommendations @Russell Brazil and @Dan Sheeks! 

    @Gytenis B. - I have helped quite a few investors & house hackers in the northern suburbs of Denver as well as up in Loveland, Greeley, and Longmont. Also have a few properties that I own myself spread throughout Thornton, Westminster, and Arvada. So I would say I know these areas pretty darn well. 

    @Dan Mackin and @Chris Lopez are also great. You won't go wrong with either of us. If I were you, I would interview all three of us and go with whoever you feel most comfortable with :). 

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Phoenix Arizona · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 686 votes
    6y

    Hey if I were you I would buy some property in Pueblo for 1/5 th the cost of Denver and 1/2 the cost of the Springs.

    I can hock you up with a great agent.

  • Rental Property Investor · Broomfield, CO · Member since 2017 · 35 posts · 7 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @David Avery:

    Hey if I were you I would buy some property in Pueblo for 1/5 th the cost of Denver and 1/2 the cost of the Springs.

    I can hock you up with a great agent.

    Thank you for a suggestion but commute from Pueblo to Loveland would be a bit more than I am willing to do. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Broomfield, CO · Member since 2017 · 35 posts · 7 votes
    6y

    Thank you all for great suggestions! 

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Phoenix Arizona · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 686 votes
    6y

    No problem, lots of Denver to look at, Wholesalers get better deals,  I don't think it is ethical what they do. 

    Sometimes wholesalers will get a real good deal tied down for 30 days and try and have an agent sale it for them on the MLS.

    Just more food for thought, get yourself a good contractor also.

    Doesn't this deserve a vote?

    Good luck man!

  • Ian I LeinwandPro Member
    Property Manager · Fort Collins, CO · Member since 2018 · 89 posts · 42 votes
    6y

    If you work in Loveland why not look to invest and live in Loveland. Its a great area and you wouldn't have to commute. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.