Looking to invest in allentown pa!

Looking to invest in allentown pa!

Rental Property Investor · Deer Park, NY · Member since 2020 · 64 posts · 15 votes

Hello BP. My partners and I are looking to invest in buy and holds in allentown pa . We are new to the market and are looking for advice on our options in Allentown as we are from new york and are unfamiliar with the processes.? .any info is greatly appreciated

1Reply
43 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Lehigh Valley, PA · Member since 2018 · 15 posts · 6 votes
6y

I am an Allentown investor. Its a blue collar area with tonnes of tenants an revitalizing district. I have a 4-plex there and its been very solid. I bought it in 2018. My cash on cash is about 20%.

One thing to note is this there are several tax bills  and compared to other places I am invested in, the tax rate is higher for my Lehigh Valley properties.

all in all, I would recommend this place, if you want to buy and hold and like good cash flow.

Hope this helps.

See this reply in the discussion

23 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Residential Real Estate Broker · New York City, NY · Member since 2016 · 9 posts · 2 votes
    6y

    @Pedro Bartolomei i thought about doing the same, but divided on driving an hour out in long island instead , just to reduce committing . CT Bridgeport runs parallel to Long island so i’m exploring those areas as well. Not sure how far into PA I woukd have to go but it seems like much further to get a deal going.

  • Rental Property Investor · Deer Park, NY · Member since 2020 · 64 posts · 15 votes
    6y

    @john vesky pa is a lot more landlord friendly than new york is . That definitely a contributing factor for me . 

  • Investor · bucks County PA · Member since 2020 · 29 posts · 17 votes
    6y

    I started looking into Allentown and happened to find Quakertown, south of Allentown with perhaps a better school district. Just curious how partnering up in REI works regarding ownership percentage, dividing up the work/management?

    Best of luck with this process! 

  • Rental Property Investor · Lehigh Valley, PA · Member since 2018 · 15 posts · 6 votes
    6y

    I am an Allentown investor. Its a blue collar area with tonnes of tenants an revitalizing district. I have a 4-plex there and its been very solid. I bought it in 2018. My cash on cash is about 20%.

    One thing to note is this there are several tax bills  and compared to other places I am invested in, the tax rate is higher for my Lehigh Valley properties.

    all in all, I would recommend this place, if you want to buy and hold and like good cash flow.

    Hope this helps.

  • Rental Property Investor · Allentown PA, United States · Member since 2016 · 567 posts · 442 votes
    6y

    @Pedro Bartolomei hey Pedro, I’m from Long Island, NY and moved to the Lehigh Valley area on Pennsylvania. Currently have a triplex in Breinigsville just outside of Allentown. Currently looking for off market multi-family in the Allentown/Bethlehem area. It’s a great market and I think has long term potential being relatively close to NYC and philly while having its own small city appeal with stable economic factors. Let me know if you have any specific questions man

  • Rental Property Investor · Deer Park, NY · Member since 2020 · 64 posts · 15 votes
    6y

    Thanks Bill . Appreciate it 

  • Rental Property Investor · Deer Park, NY · Member since 2020 · 64 posts · 15 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Bill Goodland:

    @Pedro Bartolomei hey Pedro, I’m from Long Island, NY and moved to the Lehigh Valley area on Pennsylvania. Currently have a triplex in Breinigsville just outside of Allentown. Currently looking for off market multi-family in the Allentown/Bethlehem area. It’s a great market and I think has long term potential being relatively close to NYC and philly while having its own small city appeal with stable economic factors. Let me know if you have any specific questions man

     Thanks Bill. Appreciate it 

  • Rental Property Investor · Deer Park, NY · Member since 2020 · 64 posts · 15 votes
    6y

    @Rajneesh Jha yes it does thank you .

  • Rental Property Investor · Deer Park, NY · Member since 2020 · 64 posts · 15 votes
    6y

    @Rajneesh Jha do you recommend any lenders ?

  • Eric GoldmanBusiness Member
    Lender · PA · Member since 2019 · 359 posts · 192 votes
    6y

    Allentown has a low barrier to entry but property values are low and so are the arvs..we can get purchase money right now. 

    G2loans- Investor and Commercial Mortgages531 Reviews
  • Rental Property Investor · Yonkers, NY · Member since 2019 · 31 posts · 18 votes
    6y

    @Kristine McCreary I’m also interested in some deals around this area. I been wanting to invest as I’ve heard a few successful stories. I’m currently investing in CT but open to doing business

  • Rental Property Investor · Lehigh Valley, PA · Member since 2018 · 15 posts · 6 votes
    6y

    @Pedro Bartolomei- I used the Embassy Bank of Lehigh Valley. They gave me great terms and rates. However, they only work with local investors now. They have not had a good experience with "absentee landlords"...whatever. I see you are New York based so it will not work for you anymore.

    I would call all the small banks in the area, you should get call backs from 3-4, short list 2 of them. Interest rates are the best ever right now even though lending activity has dried up somewhat lately

  • Rental Property Investor · Deer Park, NY · Member since 2020 · 64 posts · 15 votes
    6y

    @Rajneesh Jha i was able to get in touch with a small bank in the area thank you

  • Rental Property Investor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2015 · 478 posts · 362 votes
    6y

    @Yechiel W. Quakertown is nice. Not sure if numbers work. Depends what you are looking for. We are in Bucks and invest in Philly and Lehigh Val. מוזמן להסתכל באתר שלנו 😀

  • Rental Property Investor · Lehigh Valley, PA · Member since 2018 · 15 posts · 6 votes
    6y

    @Pedro Bartolomei- I recommend Embassy Bank- talk to Mike Lahanas and tell him I sent you. But they are only working with local investors (lehigh valley residents), so not sure if you qualify

  • Rental Property Investor · Lehigh Valley, PA · Member since 2018 · 15 posts · 6 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Pedro Bartolomei:

    @Rajneesh Jha i was able to get in touch with a small bank in the area thank you

    Excellent!

  • Rental Property Investor · Deer Park, NY · Member since 2020 · 64 posts · 15 votes
    6y

    @Rajneesh Jha do you recommend any contractors in the area

  • Rental Property Investor · Lehigh Valley, PA · Member since 2018 · 15 posts · 6 votes
    6y

    @Pedro Bartolomei- Sorry, Pedro I don't. I have not had the need so far because my PM takes care of everything.

  • Rental Property Investor · Deer Park, NY · Member since 2020 · 64 posts · 15 votes
    6y

    @Rajneesh Jha ok one question please. Do you have recommendations for home inspectors .? Thanks

  • Rental Property Investor · Lehigh Valley, PA · Member since 2018 · 15 posts · 6 votes
    6y

    @Pedro Bartolomei- Phil D Houck. look him up on google. he is okay

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.