Best mailing campaign that I ever had

Best mailing campaign that I ever had

Investor · Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2014 · 332 posts · 74 votes

Wanted to share with everyone the results of my mailing campaign that I had in Edina MN

We sent 3000 letters to sf property owners stating the following:

Hello, we are a local builder that just bought a property at 5841 Abbott Ave S, Edina and just wondering if you want to sell yours. 

We buy properties, tear them down and build new ones or remodel them and sell. Thus, if you want to save money on real estate commissions and closing cost, we will make it very easy and convinient for you. "

We had over 100 people who called us within several weeks. 10 were very good leads. One pa signed and maybe anothe pa will be signed within a month.

Normally the response rate for mailings is 1%  here we have over 3% and one executed PA

Happy investing every one!

2Reply
37 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Curtis YoderPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Tulsa, OK · Member since 2014 · 241 posts · 187 votes
    10y

    @Pavel Sakurets Thanks for the stats, I am considering a direct mailing and have read many times that 1% is the expected return. I have seen several posts where that number has been beat. Obviously there are a lot of variables but this encourages me. 

    I once sent out 4000 custom postcards for one of my companies that sold cabinets... I closed one small job. No return at all. Thanks for the share.

  • Real Estate Investor · Littleton, CO · Member since 2013 · 197 posts · 77 votes
    10y

    That is great and Congrats!

  • Clearwater, FL · Member since 2014 · 10 posts · 7 votes
    10y

    Wow, that's awesome!  Do you think it was your message that made your response rate exceptional? How have other mailings faired?

  • Investor · Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2014 · 332 posts · 74 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Nick Hill:

    Wow, that's awesome!  Do you think it was your message that made your response rate exceptional? How have other mailings faired?

     In my opinion it's a combination of things:

    1. Our letters that we sent out looked like checks with our name in the envelop window as a sender and with prospect's name at the bottom window. Thus probably had a high opening rate.

    2. Many people know our construction Co and that we build houses.

    3. We indicated which house we have purchased and the address of the house.

    4. We indicated that there would not be any real estate fees or commissions paid out so everybody could save money and that we would pay sellers closing costs so they would know how much they would get at closing.

    All these factors helped to build trust.

    I will do it again in Mpls within next week, because we are doing 1m flip in Kenwood neighborhood in Mpls. Will share results of that campaign soon.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.