My First BRRRR! With Pictures!

214 Replies

Great job! Looks good and the numbers worked out great.

Thanks for sharing.

Wow, awesome, congrats!!! Thanks for sharing it the experience.

@Cam Jimmy congrats. Everything looks good.👍

@Priya Thomas I originally had it listed for $1695... But I lowered it after the first week to $1595/mo. Its tough to rent in the dead of winter... But I have received my first couple of applications. Hopefully they pass my minimum requirements :)

@Cam Jimmy - this is awesome! Congrats on your first BRRRR. The before and after pics are really powerful, so thanks for sharing. Good lucky finding a renter - although, looks to be a great rental so hopefully you'll find one fast!

Your story is inspiring and we look forward to implementing the BRRRR strategy into our business in the coming months.

Thanks for sharing and good lucky with the new baby. 

Knocked it out of the ballpark!

I love to see transformations (before and after pictures)! Did you know, there are several components of your building that depreciate faster than the rest of the property? There is a tax strategy called Cost Segregation. Check it out, you could benefit you greatly Cam! 

@Cam Jimmy

Awesome work! I like the creative use of bartering to use your parents HELOC. Just goes to show with a will, there's a way. Also, way to hustle and get it done working a full time job! I have found that it's much easier to keep your numbers under control when you are willing to do the work yourself. What a success story...congrats!

I am currently looking for my first BRRRR property around Kansas City. Thank you for sharing your's it is motivating to see your success!

I'm impressed with the reno. Congrats. You've inspired many of us.

This is awesome. I really like that you gave your dad a kitchen in exchange for a HELOC. Place looks great.

Touchdown and a two-point conversion!!!!

Congrats! Good Job.

@Cam Jimmy Awesome story! Before and after pics are great, congrats on your first BRRRR! Very inspiring, nice work

Looks amazing @Cam Jimmy ... I love hearing creative ways of doing real estate deals. You found a way to help your father and in return he helped you. I'm sure you helped the family that you purchased the property from and the lady that passed away is probably looking down and smiling at how amazing her home looks after you finished with it.  

Everybody's winning!!

Well done! I like how you put a small storage where the washer was. It didn't belong there. 

A big step, congrats! Looks good!

Congrats @Cam Jimmy

Love the creativity and push to get it done. I can't wait to see the report on your second one.

Congrats! You did a fantastic job! Thanks for sharing with us!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here