Looking for Contractors in New Bern, North Carolina

Looking for Contractors in New Bern, North Carolina

Rental Property Investor · Wake Forest, NC · Member since 2016 · 186 posts · 78 votes

Hello, we are looking to find contractors we can use for all our current and future investment properties. These are the contractors we are looking for.

Flooring

Plumbing

Electrical

Painting

Tiling (for bathroom/kitchen)

Right now we are mainly looking for Flooring

0Reply
4 views

Most Popular Reply

Rock Hill, SC · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 597 votes
10y
Originally posted by @Nikki Grizzle:

@Alex Franks Its funny you say that because we just had a horrible situation with a man who "owned his own business" but was technically a handyman. I only hired him because I had seen his work before and knew he did a great job but didn't realize he was very unprofessional. Found out he didn't even know how to send an invoice or from what he told me, where to get one. Lol. The whole situation was a learning experience. Saving money is sometimes just not worth the headache.

@nikki Grizzle

With you 100% I call it stepping over  a dollar to save a nickel. I was at a local group Charlotte recently and they told me how then can get things done so cheap. Again in this business you get what you pay for.

Any time you have a question feel free to pm me

Alex

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rock Hill, SC · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 597 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Nikki Grizzle:

    Hello, we are looking to find contractors we can use for all our current and future investment properties. These are the contractors we are looking for.

    Flooring

    Plumbing

    Electrical

    Painting

    Tiling (for bathroom/kitchen)

    Right now we are mainly looking for Flooring

     @Nikki if I was trying to find contractors I would go to lowes or home depot at 7 am these are the guys who are up and at it early. Or I would drive the local areas I'm investing looking for yellow permit signs in the windows. These are the contractors I would talk too.

    Hope that helps...

  • Rental Property Investor · Wake Forest, NC · Member since 2016 · 186 posts · 78 votes
    10y

    @Alex Franks Thanks. We do not live in the area. I have found many contractors through Thumbtack as well. I never really saw any permit signs in that area but will be on the lookout next time we are there.

  • Rock Hill, SC · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 597 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Nikki Grizzle:

    @Alex Franks Thanks. We do not live in the area. I have found many contractors through Thumbtack as well. I never really saw any permit signs in that area but will be on the lookout next time we are there.

    @Nikki Grizzle I learned the hard way lic contractors or no one. Sure from time to time handy men or subs but on a whole the other way around. You will cost your self more money in the long run.

    No worries ask away

    Alex

  • Rental Property Investor · Wake Forest, NC · Member since 2016 · 186 posts · 78 votes
    10y

    @Alex Franks Its funny you say that because we just had a horrible situation with a man who "owned his own business" but was technically a handyman. I only hired him because I had seen his work before and knew he did a great job but didn't realize he was very unprofessional. Found out he didn't even know how to send an invoice or from what he told me, where to get one. Lol. The whole situation was a learning experience. Saving money is sometimes just not worth the headache.

  • Rock Hill, SC · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 597 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Nikki Grizzle:

    @Alex Franks Its funny you say that because we just had a horrible situation with a man who "owned his own business" but was technically a handyman. I only hired him because I had seen his work before and knew he did a great job but didn't realize he was very unprofessional. Found out he didn't even know how to send an invoice or from what he told me, where to get one. Lol. The whole situation was a learning experience. Saving money is sometimes just not worth the headache.

    @nikki Grizzle

    With you 100% I call it stepping over  a dollar to save a nickel. I was at a local group Charlotte recently and they told me how then can get things done so cheap. Again in this business you get what you pay for.

    Any time you have a question feel free to pm me

    Alex

  • Rental Property Investor · Wake Forest, NC · Member since 2016 · 186 posts · 78 votes
    10y

    @Alex Franks Thanks.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.