Skip to content
Contractors

User Stats

Votes
Peace Lily
  • Bridgeport, CT
Votes |
Electrician wants to get paid before the job completion!!!

Peace Lily
  • Bridgeport, CT
Posted Aug 24 2017, 18:12

Dear BP Members,

I am renovating my house with a completed demo, drywall on the walls and ceilings, and electrical wiring for the whole floor.  The problem is that the electrician does not want to wait until the sheet rock up 2-3 weeks later then come back to finish the wires and plugs.  He doesn't want to wait that long to get his final payment.  He said that he will put the wires and plugs in and tape it then contractor can put the sheet rock up, later contractor can just put the face plate over. My contractor said no way. It will make his job 10 times harder. He said that the correct way is to put the sheet rock up first, then electrician return to put the wires and plugs in. He said that I need to tell electrician "my contractor needs to have his rodozip in" - I am confused about the process.  What is the correct way to do this? My electrician is such a pain and he doesn't want to wait that long to get paid. Isn't that necessary if that is the right process to get job done? What should I say to the electrician?  Please advise.  Thank you!             

Loading replies...