• St. Charles, MN
Votes |
How to vet your Sub-Contractors...?

Justin Puetz
  • Contractor
  • St. Charles, MN
Posted Jul 22 2019, 15:06

Hello!

I'm a contractor in Minnesota and recently my wife got a job in an area about 200 miles away (where we grew up - which means a ton more connections). So needless to say, I'm moving my construction company (once I finish up my projects) down to that same area. For the last couple of years, I've primarily been a one-man show. I do just about everything on my jobs. Currently, I'm 26, so no issues with my health, but I also know that my body can only keep up for so long and I can only work so many hours in a day. So when we're moving into this new area, I'd like to eventually break into new builds, and in order to do that effectively from the start, I'm planning to sub out quite a bit of the work.

So, my question is: How can you tell you've found a quality sub? Are there specific things you ask or look for; or maybe red flags to stay away from?

Additionally, if you have any advice about growing my construction business in general, I would love to hear from you! I always appreciate the advice!

Have a great day!

Justin

Loading replies...