Deactivating BP account and reactivating it later?

Deactivating BP account and reactivating it later?

Rental Property Investor · San Francisco Bay Area · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes

Is there a way I could deactivate my BP account (like on Facebook where you could deactivate it and reactivate it later)? Or is the only option to delete my account then if I want to join again, I'd have to re-start a new account. Thanks for your help. 

0Reply
211 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Get yourself trained before doing something inadvisable. · Member since 2024 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
1y
Quote from @Becca F.:

That's what I thought. I emailed Help Support to ask them or if they can delete my posts (which contain a lot of personal info, good thing I didn't post my last name on here) and they said no. BP won't let us self delete posts unlike other social media (Facebook, Instagram). 

I'm very likely to delete my account soon

If you want to be "erased" post something they think is controversial and I can attest "it all goes away".
See this reply in the discussion

12 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Get yourself trained before doing something inadvisable. · Member since 2024 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Becca F.:

    Is there a way I could deactivate my BP account (like on Facebook where you could deactivate it and reactivate it later)? Or is the only option to delete my account then if I want to join again, I'd have to re-start a new account. Thanks for your help. 

    That's actually a good question. I deactivated one that I had for a long time and when I went to reactivate about 6 months later, I couldn't. I had to start a new account.
  • Rental Property Investor · San Francisco Bay Area · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    1y

    That's what I thought. I emailed Help Support to ask them or if they can delete my posts (which contain a lot of personal info, good thing I didn't post my last name on here) and they said no. BP won't let us self delete posts unlike other social media (Facebook, Instagram). 

    I'm very likely to delete my account soon

    • Investor · Get yourself trained before doing something inadvisable. · Member since 2024 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
      1y
      Quote from @Becca F.:

      That's what I thought. I emailed Help Support to ask them or if they can delete my posts (which contain a lot of personal info, good thing I didn't post my last name on here) and they said no. BP won't let us self delete posts unlike other social media (Facebook, Instagram). 

      I'm very likely to delete my account soon

      If you want to be "erased" post something they think is controversial and I can attest "it all goes away".
    • Technology · Dallas, TX · Member since 2022 · 462 posts · 296 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Ken M.:
      Quote from @Becca F.:

      That's what I thought. I emailed Help Support to ask them or if they can delete my posts (which contain a lot of personal info, good thing I didn't post my last name on here) and they said no. BP won't let us self delete posts unlike other social media (Facebook, Instagram). 

      I'm very likely to delete my account soon

      If you want to be "erased" post something they think is controversial and I can attest "it all goes away".

      Spam is more likely to get your account deleted than controversy. just sayin

      BiggerPockets
    • Rental Property Investor · San Francisco Bay Area · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
      1y
      Quote from @Ken M.:
      Quote from @Becca F.:

      That's what I thought. I emailed Help Support to ask them or if they can delete my posts (which contain a lot of personal info, good thing I didn't post my last name on here) and they said no. BP won't let us self delete posts unlike other social media (Facebook, Instagram). 

      I'm very likely to delete my account soon

      If you want to be "erased" post something they think is controversial and I can attest "it all goes away".

       I replied back to Help Support because they said they don't delete posts. This isn't true. I've seen Moderators delete people's posts or comments. 

      On the flip side, I've seen controversial comments that are related to politics not get removed 

      Here are my controversial comments "Pizza Hut is better than Domino's"  and "Coca Cola is better than Pepsi" hahaha

    • Investor · Get yourself trained before doing something inadvisable. · Member since 2024 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
      1y
      Quote from @Becca F.:
      Quote from @Ken M.:
      Quote from @Becca F.:

      That's what I thought. I emailed Help Support to ask them or if they can delete my posts (which contain a lot of personal info, good thing I didn't post my last name on here) and they said no. BP won't let us self delete posts unlike other social media (Facebook, Instagram). 

      I'm very likely to delete my account soon

      If you want to be "erased" post something they think is controversial and I can attest "it all goes away".

       I replied back to Help Support because they said they don't delete posts. This isn't true. I've seen Moderators delete people's posts or comments. 

      On the flip side, I've seen controversial comments that are related to politics not get removed 

      Here are my controversial comments "Pizza Hut is better than Domino's"  and "Coca Cola is better than Pepsi" hahaha

      .
      You are a real terror! Heh

      There is a new group running BP as of a year ago, if I recall correctly. Whether they have changed any policies, I wouldn't know. But getting someone to specifically respond to a question has never been easy.
    • Rental Property Investor · San Francisco Bay Area · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
      1y
      Quote from @Aaron Breckenridge:
      Quote from @Ken M.:
      Quote from @Becca F.:

      That's what I thought. I emailed Help Support to ask them or if they can delete my posts (which contain a lot of personal info, good thing I didn't post my last name on here) and they said no. BP won't let us self delete posts unlike other social media (Facebook, Instagram). 

      I'm very likely to delete my account soon

      If you want to be "erased" post something they think is controversial and I can attest "it all goes away".

      Spam is more likely to get your account deleted than controversy. just sayin


       I haven't noticed anyone soliciting getting their accounts removed. When I first joined BP, I was spammed early on by a number of people, one of who was a CPA DM'ing me to set up a call. I politely declined. Then he proceeds to send me more messages - dude, does "no" not mean "no" to you?. I recently reported two people trying to sell me services out of the blue and their accounts are still there. 

      To say nothing of the real estate agents who have DM'ed me (without me initiating the contact) over the years. Is "I noticed you're in California and I'd like to get on call to discuss my market. I have investors who are doing well in my market. Would you like to schedule a call" - so is that not spam? 

      And comments on new California investors posts with at least 20 agents or turnkey companies comments trying to pitch their markets. The most obvious are the 5 agents all from the same city that post one after the other. It's copy and paste the same comments to at least 50 California aspiring investors. (Hint: C-o-l-u-m-b-u-s, O-h-i-o, trying to not trigger anyone's keyword search). Does BP not consider that spam? 

    • JD MartinBusiness Member
      Moderator
      Rock Star Extraordinaire · Northeast, TN · Member since 2015 · 10k+ posts · 16k+ votes
      1y
      Quote from @Becca F.:
      Quote from @Ken M.:
      Quote from @Becca F.:

      That's what I thought. I emailed Help Support to ask them or if they can delete my posts (which contain a lot of personal info, good thing I didn't post my last name on here) and they said no. BP won't let us self delete posts unlike other social media (Facebook, Instagram). 

      I'm very likely to delete my account soon

      If you want to be "erased" post something they think is controversial and I can attest "it all goes away".

       I replied back to Help Support because they said they don't delete posts. This isn't true. I've seen Moderators delete people's posts or comments. 

      On the flip side, I've seen controversial comments that are related to politics not get removed 

      Here are my controversial comments "Pizza Hut is better than Domino's"  and "Coca Cola is better than Pepsi" hahaha

      Posts that meet certain criteria are edited or deleted as necessary. In general, however, your body of work on the site is permanent. If your account is closed, then all of your posts issued from forever will show "Account Closed" as the author. That's the closest you can get to deleting yourself from the site. Your posts will still be there but they won't be attributed to anyone. Getting banned from the site for egregious conduct would not change anything other than just getting you banned from the site, so if you want to delete your account contact [email protected]
      Skyline Properties
      View Page
    • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
      1y
      Quote from @Ken M.:
      Quote from @Becca F.:

      That's what I thought. I emailed Help Support to ask them or if they can delete my posts (which contain a lot of personal info, good thing I didn't post my last name on here) and they said no. BP won't let us self delete posts unlike other social media (Facebook, Instagram). 

      I'm very likely to delete my account soon

      If you want to be "erased" post something they think is controversial and I can attest "it all goes away".

       bruhhhhhh

    • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
      1y
      Quote from @JD Martin:
      Quote from @Becca F.:
      Quote from @Ken M.:

       As they say, the internet is forever. This is why you shouldn't do Porn in your 20's.

    • JD MartinBusiness Member
      Moderator
      Rock Star Extraordinaire · Northeast, TN · Member since 2015 · 10k+ posts · 16k+ votes
      1y
      Quote from @James Wise:
      Quote from @JD Martin:
      Quote from @Becca F.:
      Quote from @Ken M.:

       As they say, the internet is forever. This is why you shouldn't do Porn in your 20's.


       Or at least hold off until you're in your 40s!

      Skyline Properties
      View Page
  • Flipper/Rehabber · CA · Member since 2023 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    1y

    I had to close my 1st account cause I was getting so many weird DM's & connection requests. Kinda my fault too though because I wasn't very savy about forums. Im more selective now.

    Hope you come back Becca because I believe you've helped newbies.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.