Investors - FHA lender that will loan 580 middle score !

Investors - FHA lender that will loan 580 middle score !

Joel OwensBusiness Member
Moderator
Real Estate Broker · Canton, GA · Member since 2010 · 15k+ posts · 11k+ votes

Hey everyone,

I still talk occasionally to mortgage brokers on the residential side as we are friends from years back even though I only do commercial now.

In my discussions one company recently came out with a 580 program for FHA.

I couldn't believe it. I have seen some companies do a 600 middle but their loans the rate jumps 100 basis points higher from going from 640 middle score to 600. I was thinking of rehabbers for flips and other investors on lease to purchase deals this would help get their properties sold. I know people with scores that low generally have credit issues to clean up but anything can help sell a property.

The lender is carringtonhomeloans.com and they are in most states. I have no affiliation with this company whatsoever. I am just sharing something that I thought might be of value to some BP members. The local builders here couldn't believe this program as their in house lenders wanted 660 middle. Carrington's 580 and 600 plan the basis points on the loan might jump 10 or 20 points from premium credit but not 100 points like other programs I have been hearing about. Seems like the lending market is thawing out some.

0Reply
32 views

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Realtor · Celebration, FL · Member since 2013 · 109 posts · 34 votes
    13y

    Thanks for the info. How does interest rates and fees compare to other lenders?

  • Joel OwensBusiness Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Real Estate Broker · Canton, GA · Member since 2010 · 15k+ posts · 11k+ votes
    13y

    As far as I know the fees and rates are similar but you would need to call them to be sure.

  • Real Estate Agent · Milwaukee County, WI · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 525 votes
    13y

    @Joel Owens I name you man of the day

    Thanks for tip

    Their Servicing Wisconsin

    If anyone looks further into this program -> keep us posted

  • Member since 2011 · 798 posts · 216 votes
    13y

    580 is bad.

    Do they require high income, downpayments, or what?

  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Uxbridge, MA · Member since 2012 · 123 posts · 13 votes
    13y

    Prospect mortgage has a 580 + Fha program also they have a bunch of requirements like I think it was 6 months of the difference of rent and mortgage saved, no lates for 1 year, it was either 3.5 or 5% down.

  • J ScottPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    13y

    FHA stated minimum is 580, so there are generally a few lenders out there who will do these loans...though they generally require additional scrutiny and are reserved for those with higher income, lower DTI, etc.

    Wells Fargo has been doing minimum 580 middle-score FHA loans for about a year now, though if your middle score is below 620, you'll face the additional scrutiny and requirements I mentioned above.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.