Buying investment properties with an LLC smart or Not

Buying investment properties with an LLC smart or Not

Investor · CA · Member since 2021 · 70 posts · 14 votes

Hello everyone, I am new to investing and I was wondering if it is better to buy an investment property, with an LLC?

0Reply
14 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Charleston, SC · Member since 2021 · 263 posts · 122 votes
    4y

    Likely it will depend on your goals as too if it's a benefit or not. LLCs usually provide an extra layer of protection between you and your investments. I would highly recommend consulting a local lawyer with real estate and/or estate experience.

  • Real Estate Agent · Dallas, TX · Member since 2020 · 92 posts · 46 votes
    4y

    I agree with Cody, depends on your goals as well as to consult with an attorney to discuss what you're looking for. However, from my personal experience it's always smarter to go with LLC for liability issues.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.