Advice on whether to rehab this property in Arcadia

Advice on whether to rehab this property in Arcadia

Investor · Porter Ranch / Northridge, CA · Member since 2015 · 17 posts · 5 votes

Hey all, looking for advice from people familiar with the market in Arcadia, California.  I have a property on Loma Lisa Lane that is 6/4 sfh 2860sq ft on a 7400 lot.  I'm not interested in opening walls or anything but can put in 80k to redo kitchen, bathrooms, walls, pools, flooring, etc.  It would take my contractor about 6 weeks to do this, but for this area, would it add value?  I hear most buyers in this area usually remodel before moving in so I'm interested in finding if selling As-Is is comparable in this area.  

Here are photos of the home at its current state: https://photos.app.goo.gl/D7af...

I would appreciate some advice, 

thanks

~Fernando

0Reply
19 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2017 · 71 posts · 25 votes
    4y

    Nice home, I would just sell as is, it's California, you should make a good profit !

  • Lender · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2018 · 440 posts · 256 votes
    4y

    To your point, in nicer areas buyers usually remodel regardless of inside condition. I've seen people have full 6 month remodels on nice $1M+ homes. That being the case, anything that you can do that wouldn't be too custom and they'd need to do anyway would help. I think the lowest hanging fruit would be the popcorn ceilings. 
    Bring the perception from the house needing a "Full-Gut Job" to "Update". 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.