Pulling Cash from Credit Cards: Most Inexpensive Current Method?

Pulling Cash from Credit Cards: Most Inexpensive Current Method?

Des Plaines, IL · Member since 2013 · 38 posts · 4 votes

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

My 2 favorites I know of:

-PayPal'ing the cash to myself (3% fee). Although they've given me a slap on the wrist for this.

-Amazon WebPay'ing the cash to myself (0% fee). But they have a $1K/month limit, that they supposedly consider raising after some time.

Any good peer-to-peer, bank transfer, payment service deals I'm missing?

0Reply
76 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Riverside, CA · Member since 2011 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
13y
Originally posted by Dawn Anastasi:
Where do you get a cash advance line up to $45k or even $65k?

AAA gave me a credit card with a credit line of up to $30K. I got a triplex in escrow, but needed $45K to close. I called AAA and over the phone they bumped it to $50K, and while I was on the phone they wired the $45K I needed right into my account.

They also tow your car for free. You should get a AAA membership. Almost as good as a Bigger Pockets Pro account.

See this reply in the discussion

54 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Riverside, CA · Member since 2011 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    Just wanted to post an update. That credit card I posted about earlier has upped my line of credit to $75K and now is offering 18 months, 0 interest, and 4 points. I had them wire the entire line into my account and used the money to pay cash for a rental property which I plan on holding until next spring.

  • Des Plaines, IL · Member since 2013 · 38 posts · 4 votes
    12y

    It's a good system. I pulled $40K from credit cards at 0% interest for a year. Have the numbers and exit strategies all well-thought out so it feels good.

  • Real Estate Lender · New York City, NY · Member since 2011 · 54 posts · 30 votes
    12y

    Which cards over the "Cash Advance" at only 4 points? I just got CITI Simplicity Card Offer for 0% APR for 18 months on purchases and 3% for balance transfers. But, for cash advance their is a 5% fee plus the normal 12.99% APR.

    Obviously those numbers don't work for a cash advance. If I can find one for 4% then that would work.

  • Landlord and Rehabber · Newton, MA · Member since 2010 · 2k+ posts · 877 votes
    12y
    Originally posted by @David Ackerman:
    Which cards over the "Cash Advance" at only 4 points? I just got CITI Simplicity Card Offer for 0% APR for 18 months on purchases and 3% for balance transfers. But, for cash advance their is a 5% fee plus the normal 12.99% APR.

    Obviously those numbers don't work for a cash advance. If I can find one for 4% then that would work.

    Usually the 0% for some number of months with a 3-4% transaction fee is a special promo thing.

    Like those checks they send you all the time just that in these case they have special terms not just trying to get you to use them at those pricy rates.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.