Are there any unconventional ways to get a mortgage?

Are there any unconventional ways to get a mortgage?

Member since 2020 · 55 posts · 20 votes

I would like to purchase a single family home that also has a trailer on the property with tenants. My bank said they don’t finance trailers/mobile homes and another said the trailer on the property will not be able to be added to the appraisal.

Are there any other ways I could try to get a mortgage? I was thinking a private lender? How do those work? Wouldn’t want to do hard money.

Thanks

0Reply
14 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Brent ReynoldsPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · Clermont, FL · Member since 2021 · 31 posts · 35 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Bob Ross:

    I would like to purchase a single family home that also has a trailer on the property with tenants. My bank said they don’t finance trailers/mobile homes and another said the trailer on the property will not be able to be added to the appraisal.

    Are there any other ways I could try to get a mortgage? I was thinking a private lender? How do those work? Wouldn’t want to do hard money.

    Thanks


    Hello Bob - 

    Private lenders and hard money lenders tend to be much more aligned to investors and unique properties like this.  

    Search the BP network for lenders (there are several) and then just start reaching out to them with your project.  My experience is that they tend to be very willing to help small investors get started and work through unique projects, because you are likely to use their services again.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.