Accepted Seller Counter, but Agent Mistake on Counter Offer Form?

Accepted Seller Counter, but Agent Mistake on Counter Offer Form?

Oakland, CA · Member since 2015 · 246 posts · 127 votes

Hi,

I accepted all the terms on of the seller's counter offer for a property in Oakland.  There are multiple offers from what I understand.  The counter offer expires at 4PM this afternoon.  I submitted my response at 10:50AM, but haven't heard back.  I reread my counter acceptance and I believe my agent may have made a mistake.  

In paragraph 6:

Acceptance of Seller Multiple Counter Offer:  Buyer's acceptance of this Seller Mulitple Counter Offer shall be deemed revoked and the deposit, if any, shall be returned to Buyer unless by 5:00PM on the fourth Day after the date Seller signs in paragraph 5 (if more than one seller, then the last date) (or by 10:50AM on 4/28/2022) (i) it is signed in paragraph 8 by the Seller, and (ii)a copy of this Seller Mulitple Counter Offer signed by Seller in paragraph 8 is personally received by the Buyer or Buyer's agent...

Does this mean that the experation date of my acceptance is at 10:50AM on 4/28?  Did my agent make a mistake?  I submitted my acceptance at 10:50AM. 

Thanks,

Calvin

0Reply
23 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · South Lake Tahoe, CA · Member since 2016 · 680 posts · 644 votes
    4y

    @Calvin Kwan

    If they put that date in paragraph 6 then yes, your acceptance has already expired. You can either ask the agent to send a new copy to sign or you can see if the seller accepts it anyways.

  • Realtor · Oakland, CA and a Real Estate Investor with Multi-Family Units and a Self Storage Facility · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    4y
    Quote from @Calvin Kwan:

    Hi,

    I accepted all the terms on of the seller's counter offer for a property in Oakland.  There are multiple offers from what I understand.  The counter offer expires at 4PM this afternoon.  I submitted my response at 10:50AM, but haven't heard back.  I reread my counter acceptance and I believe my agent may have made a mistake.  

    In paragraph 6:

    Acceptance of Seller Multiple Counter Offer:  Buyer's acceptance of this Seller Mulitple Counter Offer shall be deemed revoked and the deposit, if any, shall be returned to Buyer unless by 5:00PM on the fourth Day after the date Seller signs in paragraph 5 (if more than one seller, then the last date) (or by 10:50AM on 4/28/2022) (i) it is signed in paragraph 8 by the Seller, and (ii)a copy of this Seller Mulitple Counter Offer signed by Seller in paragraph 8 is personally received by the Buyer or Buyer's agent...

    Does this mean that the experation date of my acceptance is at 10:50AM on 4/28?  Did my agent make a mistake?  I submitted my acceptance at 10:50AM. 

    Thanks,

    Calvin


     Based on what I see, yes, your counteroffer expired. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.