Seeking some advice from the experts in the group on rental property investing in Acocreek, MD. There are hardly any areas in DMV ( DC-Maryland-Northern Virginia) where you can have a cash flow. I’m considering Acocreek because of its proximity to DC, Airforce base and many other job locations and will be able to break-even after 20% down. Appreciate any advice/information.
Investor · Fort Washington, MD · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
3y
I assume you are talking about Accokeek. It's a very nice town but unless you have a specific deal there that works you shouldn't just limit it to that alone. There are plenty of communities similar to that one in close proximity. It does have appeal because of the things you mentioned in addition to its mix of rural and suburban ambiance. Within a very short time you can be very city. However, parts of Fort Washington, Brandywine, Croom, Cheltenham, Clinton and several others can offer the exact same thing. Accokeek is good but if this is mix you feel works best for you I'd advise broadening it a bit to get enhanced deal flow. You will have more possibilities and chances to hit the right numbers.
Seeking some advice from the experts in the group on rental property investing in Acocreek, MD. There are hardly any areas in DMV ( DC-Maryland-Northern Virginia) where you can have a cash flow. I’m considering Acocreek because of its proximity to DC, Airforce base and many other job locations and will be able to break-even after 20% down. Appreciate any advice/information.
Thanks!
I’d rather be a little north on there or if price is a dealbreaker maybe consider Baltimore or it’s surrounding counties it’s a little isolated down there which caps both appreciation and rent growth.
Seeking some advice from the experts in the group on rental property investing in Acocreek, MD. There are hardly any areas in DMV ( DC-Maryland-Northern Virginia) where you can have a cash flow. I’m considering Acocreek because of its proximity to DC, Airforce base and many other job locations and will be able to break-even after 20% down. Appreciate any advice/information.
Thanks!
I’d rather be a little north on there or if price is a dealbreaker maybe consider Baltimore or it’s surrounding counties it’s a little isolated down there which caps both appreciation and rent growth.
Thank you Jack. Makes sense. appreciate sharing your thoughts.
I assume you are talking about Accokeek. It's a very nice town but unless you have a specific deal there that works you shouldn't just limit it to that alone. There are plenty of communities similar to that one in close proximity. It does have appeal because of the things you mentioned in addition to its mix of rural and suburban ambiance. Within a very short time you can be very city. However, parts of Fort Washington, Brandywine, Croom, Cheltenham, Clinton and several others can offer the exact same thing. Accokeek is good but if this is mix you feel works best for you I'd advise broadening it a bit to get enhanced deal flow. You will have more possibilities and chances to hit the right numbers.
Hi Mark - Yes, I meant Accokeek. I couldn’t update after I created. I’m gonna consider other area you mentioned. Thanks for the help.