Buying property that already has Lease option tenant

Buying property that already has Lease option tenant

Investor · Kansas city, MO · Member since 2008 · 22 posts · 3 votes

This I my 1'st post, so I appreciate everyone's feedback.

I received a lead on a property that I wanted to run by everyone to see if you would proceed with the deal, & what recommendations everyone has? Another investor called me on a property they have rehabbed, & sold on a Lease option, but they want cashed out by the end of the year instead of waiting for the tenant buyer to close sometime in the future. Here's the summary:

ARV: $85-90k is my estimate, but the Lease option is for $98k sale price
Asking: $55k (they will take what they have in the house)
Rents: $750/mo currently, but Market is $800-850.
It's a 3bd/2ba/1 car attached.

The issue is that the tenant buyer is having trouble qualifying due to ex spouse on their credit.
I'm considering Private/Hard money to purchase, & then refinance to keep as a rental in 6 Months if the tenant buyer isn't able to purchase. This is in a location that I'm currently building my rental business, so I'm OK with keeping the property if they can't buy.

0Reply
9 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • John HornerPro Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Columbus, OH · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 655 votes
    12y

    It seems odd that the owner set this up not long ago and is now ready to throw $43k out the window, that doesn't sound like a smart investor, or they have ulterior motives.

    I would dig a little deeper to find out his motivation.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.