Want to buy neighbors house

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Scottsdale Austin Tuktoyaktuk · Member since 2021 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
3y
Quote from @Jasper Franklin Heilig:

My neighbors house has fallen into disrepair and I think he might be in a nursing home. The house is in “pre foreclosure”. Who can I contact about trying ti buy it?

Only the owner or someone authorized to speak on the owner's behalf. Since you are not on the loan, the bank can't talk to you. He may have a "guardian" you can discuss this with. Whoever told you he may be in a facility may know the facility or the family member who knows what is going on. You can also try to send a letter to him at the property address with "Please Forward" printed on it. Sometimes the mailman knows where he has moved to.
See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Scottsdale Austin Tuktoyaktuk · Member since 2021 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Jasper Franklin Heilig:

    My neighbors house has fallen into disrepair and I think he might be in a nursing home. The house is in “pre foreclosure”. Who can I contact about trying ti buy it?

    Only the owner or someone authorized to speak on the owner's behalf. Since you are not on the loan, the bank can't talk to you. He may have a "guardian" you can discuss this with. Whoever told you he may be in a facility may know the facility or the family member who knows what is going on. You can also try to send a letter to him at the property address with "Please Forward" printed on it. Sometimes the mailman knows where he has moved to.
  • Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2021 · 9k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Account Closed:
    Quote from @Jasper Franklin Heilig:

    My neighbors house has fallen into disrepair and I think he might be in a nursing home. The house is in “pre foreclosure”. Who can I contact about trying ti buy it?

    Only the owner or someone authorized to speak on the owner's behalf. Since you are not on the loan, the bank can't talk to you. He may have a "guardian" you can discuss this with. Whoever told you he may be in a facility may know the facility or the family member who knows what is going on. You can also try to send a letter to him at the property address with "Please Forward" printed on it. Sometimes the mailman knows where he has moved to.
    Let me give some real value here. Find the seller, get a third-party authorization form signed, send it to the bank, and start working on taking the property out of foreclosure. If you would like ways to delay, or stop a foreclosure, DM me.
  • Investor · Scottsdale Austin Tuktoyaktuk · Member since 2021 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Eliott Elias:
    Quote from @Account Closed:
    Quote from @Jasper Franklin Heilig:

    My neighbors house has fallen into disrepair and I think he might be in a nursing home. The house is in “pre foreclosure”. Who can I contact about trying ti buy it?

    Only the owner or someone authorized to speak on the owner's behalf. Since you are not on the loan, the bank can't talk to you. He may have a "guardian" you can discuss this with. Whoever told you he may be in a facility may know the facility or the family member who knows what is going on. You can also try to send a letter to him at the property address with "Please Forward" printed on it. Sometimes the mailman knows where he has moved to.
    Let me give some real value here. Find the seller, get a third-party authorization form signed, send it to the bank, and start working on taking the property out of foreclosure. If you would like ways to delay, or stop a foreclosure, DM me.
    How 'bout you list a couple here so we can see you're not a ChatBot?
  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    3y

    @Jasper Franklin Heilig

    1. Go check out the county site to see where tax bills are Being mailed (could be a family member)

    2. If that ends up going nowhere, mail a letter to the address (don’t put in mailbox mail it in case mail is being forwarded) with your intent to buy the house.

    As mentioned only the owner or power of attorney can do anything with the property.

    The above are the two best ways to locate them.

    7e investments53 Reviews
  • Real Estate Agent · Nashville, TN · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Jasper Franklin Heilig:

    My neighbors house has fallen into disrepair and I think he might be in a nursing home. The house is in “pre foreclosure”. Who can I contact about trying ti buy it?


     I bought my neighbors house about 3 years ago after he passed away. 

    I spoke to his agent that was there on behalf of the family after his two sons inherited the house.

    I just waited until I saw a car in the driveway to go over there and talk to someone. I would say your best bet is to wait until you see someone at the house to go talk to them. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.