I bought a house last month and I asked the seller agent to remove the house pictures. He said it is ok and it will take a while until it is automatically removed from Zillow and Redfin and everything.
After one month, I still see the pictures.
Do agents benefit from keeping those pictures? Why is he not removing the pictures?
Real Estate Agent · Mesa, AZ · Member since 2017 · 230 posts · 169 votes
3y
He probably can't remove them. Some MLS's keep them so that appraisers can reference them in the future. You can also remove them from the MLS, but some aggregate sites like Zillow and Redfin store the photos on the site once they have them. I believe you as the owner can request Zillow to remove them, but the amount of other sites they could be on is pretty high.
As far as benefiting from the photos there isn't a whole lot. I keep track of all my listings and if a potential client asks me about what I've sold in the past I might pull up the pictures on my computer or have a pamphlet, but the last thing I'd do is direct a client to Zillow.
Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2020 · 449 posts · 471 votes
3y
@Aron Trav Since the MLS syndicates everything to Zillow, realtor.com, and Redfin - they probably won't go away. You could ask him if he can make the pictures private on the MLS so that they don't show up on those sites though. Is there reason that you don't want the pictures to be seen publicly?
There is no benefit to anyone or agents having pictures of a property that you just bought. They can be helpful 2-5 years from now if you're thinking about selling and someone is trying to get an idea of the condition of the inside