Unfortunately, must sell 20year investment property

Unfortunately, must sell 20year investment property

New York, NY · Member since 2016 · 3 posts · 3 votes

I have a property that I must sell for the cash to start a family. My tenants in the property just signed a new lease.  I was able to get a really competitive price for the rent.  How do I market my unit to get the best price?  Who should I market it to?

1Reply
11 views

Most Popular Reply

Property Manager · Asbury Park, NJ · Member since 2023 · 22 posts · 5 votes
3y

Hi Robin,

Kudos to you for managing your own property; it's truly an achievement!

As someone representing a property management company in New Jersey, I work closely with property owners and investors, constantly seeking new opportunities to enhance their portfolios. I'd be delighted to share the information about your property with our clients and contacts outside the company.

Please don't hesitate to contact me. Once again, congratulations on your property management success, and I'm looking forward to connecting.

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2013 · 8k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    3y

    Get a realtor involved. You need to get it on the mls and the buyers agent will want to get paid so those costs aren’t saved by doing it yourself. They’re likely going to get at least 3% higher price paying for themselves. 

    They’ll put in notes about viewings, leases and such in realtor to realtor notices saving you time and effort. 

    I just sold a 22 year owned rental for 10% higher than Zillow/realtor.com had said I could hope for. I netted higher than their estimate after all closing costs including realtor fees. 

  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    3y

    @Robin McKinney

    Post it hear on classifieds while getting a realtor involved - see if you can sell it without a realtor

    Where is it located? I may want to buy it :)

    7e investments53 Reviews
  • New York, NY · Member since 2016 · 3 posts · 3 votes
    3y

    Thanks so much!  It is great investment property to add to your portfolio!!!  It is in an awesome location in New Jersey where there is an excellent school system!  It currently has great tenants that recently signed a competitive lease!  No renovations needed.  I have had the property for 20years, never had an issue renting it.  I have not needed a property manager and I lived in a different state while managing this property.  The only reason I am selling is because I need liquid cash to start a family.

  • Property Manager · Asbury Park, NJ · Member since 2023 · 22 posts · 5 votes
    3y

    Hi Robin,

    Kudos to you for managing your own property; it's truly an achievement!

    As someone representing a property management company in New Jersey, I work closely with property owners and investors, constantly seeking new opportunities to enhance their portfolios. I'd be delighted to share the information about your property with our clients and contacts outside the company.

    Please don't hesitate to contact me. Once again, congratulations on your property management success, and I'm looking forward to connecting.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.