How do I get contract signed with the motivated seller?

How do I get contract signed with the motivated seller?

AL · Member since 2010 · 522 posts · 31 votes

How do I get the contract signed with the motivated seller if they are out of state? What if one of us or neither of us has a fax machine to get the contract signed? The only way I can get access to a fax machine is at the local library if they still do that. I never had to do any faxing for anything.

0Reply
10 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lender · Washington DC · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    3y

    Most use email and Docusign, GoogleDocs, Dropbox, Sign Well or any free signing program.  All these programs have DIY videos on Youtube. Learn all the steps and share the link for the tutorials. Even I have some tutorials on how to email and send pdf documents to do a loan.

    FedEx has printer scanners and can fax for you at nominal cost.

    Target sells a printer scanner for $41 which I loan out as part of my process. With this you can use a free or paid fax online program. Also there are youtube videos how to step by step do this

    A local notary will go to their house for you for $100. 

    Overnight the paperwork by USPS and have them wet sign and return. 

    There are eighty great solutions how to get disclosures and contracts signed. If you are doing a loan, the loan officer will help you. If you open escrow they can assist. Don't use an attorney they will bill you at $$ an hour.

  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    3y

    @Antonio Bodley

    Mobile notary service can work as well. Send them the doc and they will drive to the person and get it signed for you

    7e investments53 Reviews
  • AL · Member since 2010 · 522 posts · 31 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Chris Seveney:

    @Antonio Bodley

    Mobile notary service can work as well. Send them the doc and they will drive to the person and get it signed for you

    How do I find mobile notary to do that work for out of state sellers?  
  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    3y

    @Antonio Bodley

    Google mobile notary and the state

    Many companies are nationwide

    https://nssnotary.com/

    7e investments53 Reviews
  • Austin McClainBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · OH · Member since 2021 · 347 posts · 602 votes
    3y

    Use an e-signature software. If you can't do that most bank branches have a notary. Tell them to bring the documents there and they can get someone to notarize it 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.