Questions about purchasing a foreclosure at sheriff sale

Questions about purchasing a foreclosure at sheriff sale

Member since 2020 · 4 posts · 1 vote

Hi,

I have been following a property that is now in foreclosure and going for a sheriff sale auction at the county court house. The property is located in Delaware County, Pa.

I have a few questions:

1. How do I research to see if there are any liens, or title issues with the property? Is a title search all I need to do?

2. I have been told that even if I do a title search, there maybe some hidden liens or financial issues that the title search did not find. Is this true? How am I able to be 100% certain there are no financial surprises (such as liens that I am unaware of) that may come up if I purchase the property? I was also told this is what title insurance is for and that will cover any financial issues with the title.

Thanks !

0Reply
24 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    2y

    @Steven M.

    1. Title search and understanding who is foreclosing what liens are and are not extinguished

    2. You do not get title insurance on a foreclosure at auction

    3. PA has some crazy law that if it is from an estate : borrower passed away then the auction bidder/winner is responsible for those taxes on the property which is nuts but the case

    7e investments53 Reviews
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.