Hi all, I want to get out of the real estate game and do a 1031 exchange to roll my equity into a home that I will eventually live in after the 2-year required rental period. Besides hiring a realtor to do a traditional listing or selling to a "cash for homes" company, what other options might I have for finding potential buyers? I don't have a network of investors I am part of, and honestly I don't think these properties are especially well-suited for an investor. It is far more likely that a first-time homebuyer is going to buy as their primary residence. Just exploring my options. Thanks.
Flipper · Mission Viejo, CA · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
2y
@Stacy Tring where is the property at? You can find an investor group in your area and network with them. You can advertise it on Zillow. You can contact a local (experienced Real Estate Agent) to help you with this. Lots of options.
Real Estate Agent · Memphis, TN · Member since 2015 · 152 posts · 132 votes
2y
If these properties aren't going to appeal to investors, definitely list with an experienced agent in your area to seek out first time buyers. You will need a realtor to help you deal with negotiations, home inspection etc. That would be the easiest solution in my opinion. Look up local experts in your area on go on Zillow where you can see their reviews and other listings. Good luck!