buying a D.R. horton property in jacksonville fl

buying a D.R. horton property in jacksonville fl

Member since 2023 · 46 posts · 9 votes

I am looking into buying a town home from D.R. horton in jacksonville fl. does anyone has any experience with them? they are offering all kinds of perks. they are paying my fee for early lease termination from my old apartment, they are offering a 3.990 inerest rate etc.

1Reply
34 views

Most Popular Reply

Crystal SmithPro Member
Moderator
Real Estate Broker · Chicago, IL · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
1y
Quote from @Elvin Torres:

I am looking into buying a town home from D.R. horton in jacksonville fl. does anyone has any experience with them? they are offering all kinds of perks. they are paying my fee for early lease termination from my old apartment, they are offering a 3.990 inerest rate etc.


 D.R. Horton has a good reputation.  The only thing I would check on is if the 3.990 interest rate is a teaser good for a short period of time or is a true 30 or 15 year fixed rate.

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Crystal SmithPro Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Chicago, IL · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Elvin Torres:

    I am looking into buying a town home from D.R. horton in jacksonville fl. does anyone has any experience with them? they are offering all kinds of perks. they are paying my fee for early lease termination from my old apartment, they are offering a 3.990 inerest rate etc.


     D.R. Horton has a good reputation.  The only thing I would check on is if the 3.990 interest rate is a teaser good for a short period of time or is a true 30 or 15 year fixed rate.

  • Member since 2023 · 46 posts · 9 votes
    1y

    Thank you crystal

  • Property Manager · Northeast Florida · Member since 2015 · 135 posts · 76 votes
    1y

    Hi Elvin, noticed your post. Lets connect. I am trading a sfr for a dr horton townhome. Being a townhome: Less taxes, less insurance no approaching cap x. Some of their communities have a 1 car garage. HOA cant raise too much over time amenties consit of lawn and retention pond maintenance. No pool or club house.

    R u looking at the 2/2.5 units ? 
    i'll use it as an invesment so i I am restricted to only purchasing a 3/2.5 and not going to get the rate perks sounds like you are getting. That is quite the buy down they are offering. 

    whats the plan ? Convert to a rental later ? 

  • Severna Park, MD · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    1y

    Look them up on you tube 

  • Todd AndersonPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · Cape Coral, FL · Member since 2023 · 392 posts · 175 votes
    1y

    @Elvin Torres,

    You can find some good deals on New Construction right now. Good for you!  DR horton is a big production builder so you will always find people unhappy but all in all they have a good reputation.  

    Two things to look out for:

    Make sure that interest rate stays locked for at least 10 years.  This is a good time frame you may want to move, upgrade or refinance before then.  

    Be careful of the HOA. this is a real problem right now. May builders will keep the HOA low while they are building, bit it can go up dramatically once construction is dome and they move on.

    Best of luck. 

  • Member since 2023 · 46 posts · 9 votes
    1y

    Thank you very much. I really appreciate the information! They are saying that that is a fixed interest rate for the whole 30 years. i will ask again and make sure it is in writing. 

  • Member since 2023 · 46 posts · 9 votes
    1y

    hey guys, does anyone knows anything about this D.R. Horton location? It is called OLD KINGS TRAIL, North west of jacksonville. the unit zip code is 32219. I am not too crazy about the location. I want to rent individuals rooms if I buy there, but I am concern tha I may have issues with high vacancy rates. I drove around the area, and I personally did not like it. I dont see anything appealing around the area except the apartment complex itself. I want to buy it only for investment purposes. live in one unit, rent the rest of the rooms.  Any advice on the quality of the location will help. Thanks

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.