Single family home inspector recommendations

Single family home inspector recommendations

Member since 2023 · 2 posts · 2 votes

Hello, I live in west Seattle and am putting on offer on a property with an ADU. Any recommendations/referrals on quality inspectors in the area or where to go to source one? It's a 1929 home that was recently remodeled but mainly cosmetic. Experts with rooftop deck experience and mold would be great. It's wet in Seattle!

1Reply
20 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Dan H.Pro Member
    Investor · Poway, CA · Member since 2015 · 7k+ posts · 8k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Devon Smith:

    Hello, I live in west Seattle and am putting on offer on a property with an ADU. Any recommendations/referrals on quality inspectors in the area or where to go to source one? It's a 1929 home that was recently remodeled but mainly cosmetic. Experts with rooftop deck experience and mold would be great. It's wet in Seattle!

    Did you use a RE agent?   The good RE agents have rockstar people to recommend located  in the area of the transaction.

    i recommend you verify the permits all have been properly closed.  Inspectors do not do this.

    good luck
  • Sean SmithBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Seattle, WA · Member since 2020 · 161 posts · 105 votes
    1y

    @Devon Smith I recommend asking your agent/broker for their favorite inspectors - they should have a few. If you still need a great one though, I'd suggest giving Ryan Lepine a call. He is incredibly thorough and to the point. Big fan of his approach. 

    Ryan Lepine - Lepine Home Inspections

    206-235-6919

    Fellow Real Estate Services537 Reviews
  • Member since 2023 · 2 posts · 2 votes
    1y

    Thanks Sean and Dan. Yes, my RE agent has someone but he's only used them twice so figured I'd shop around a bit.  I'll consider giving Ryan a call.  Thanks!!

  • Rental Property Investor · Everett, WA · Member since 2015 · 457 posts · 386 votes
    1y

    @Devon Smith I use Rob Renfro with Coastline Home Inspections.  He has inspected a number of properties (both single and multifamily) for us. While I have and do use other inspectors, he is normally my first call.

    Best of luck,

    John

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.