How do I tell what is a good value for a property?

How do I tell what is a good value for a property?

Member since 2025 · 1 post · 0 votes

I've been looking at Zillow and Realtor.com for properties for sale in my area to buy and rent out, but I don't know what I should be looking for as to prices and good deals when it comes to property.

0Reply
34 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2025 · 143 posts · 90 votes
    1y

    Hello Owen,

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets! Generally, there are many factors that are used by different people for what may be a good property to invest in. Each factor can have different weight to them, but usually location is the biggest one of where the property is located to other important or convenient places as well as any crime rates that may be applicable in that location. The condition of the property is also important which can lead to size, amenities like a pool, age of the property, whether or not there is an HOA, and if there are any issues with title or not.

    Note: This information is for educational and informational purposes only and does not constitute legal, tax, financial, or investment advice. No attorney-client, fiduciary, or professional relationship is established through this communication.

  • Real Estate Agent · Kansas City · Member since 2018 · 4k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    1y

    I would connect with someone local. That can be an agent, PM, other investors, etc. If you have little knowledge then you want feedback from those doing deals. STL varies area wise so be careful. I believe it's a active area when it comes to local meet ups so try those out to meet people. Other then the area you want to run numbers. Plug in market rent and then add expenses. BP has a calculator you can try out.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.