How to structure a rent to own/ owner finance contract?

How to structure a rent to own/ owner finance contract?

Member since 2025 · 3 posts · 1 vote

I am looking for advice on how to structure a rent to own contract. The house is a 3100 sq ft 4 bedroom 3 bath house in the pine mountain area of Georgia and I am looking to get $435,000 which seems to be a very competitive price for the area. Any advice is greatly appreciated. I was thinking a %10 down payment and 5.5/6% interest with my taxes and insurance included in the payment.

0Reply
60 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Get yourself trained before doing something inadvisable. · Member since 2024 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11mo
    Quote from @Michael Drake:

    I am looking for advice on how to structure a rent to own contract. The house is a 3100 sq ft 4 bedroom 3 bath house in the pine mountain area of Georgia and I am looking to get $435,000 which seems to be a very competitive price for the area. Any advice is greatly appreciated. I was thinking a %10 down payment and 5.5/6% interest with my taxes and insurance included in the payment.

    For a $435,000, you want to use an attorney to create an agreement. Cheap contracts are very expensive. It costs a lot to fix a poorly written contract in time & money to litigate.


    • Member since 2025 · 3 posts · 1 vote
      11mo

      @Ken M. Yessir I definitely plan to have my attorney write up the contract 

  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    11mo

    Has the seller agreed to this? Typically on these types of deals, you will pay much higher interest rate than the market rate because of risk. 

    7e investments53 Reviews
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.