Rental Property Investor · FL · Member since 2026 · 9 posts · 5 votes
I’m currently working on growing my real estate portfolio and have been evaluating different strategies. lately I’ve been focusing more on small multifamily, as it feels like a more stable long-term play.
I initially looked closely at short-term rentals, but lately I’ve been questioning how resilient that model is over the long term compared to more traditional rental assets
For those of you actively investing right now — are you leaning more toward multifamily stability or still pursuing str opportunities? curious how others are thinking about risk in the current market.
Rental Property Investor · Malvern, PA · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 936 votes
7mo
There will always be a need for STR, MTR, LTR; single family, multi-family large/small, etc. Look in your current market to see what is there and doing well. Identify trends. An area with successful STRs or multi-families is very likely to continue as the same for the forseeable future provided you do not see a changing trend coming.
I invest in single family LTR. Vacancies are my biggest expense. I want to get good return with stable, long term tenancies. I expect the occassional maintenance and future proof myself to a degree in initial renovations to minimize future repair and maintenance work.