You May have been to a Guru seminar if..........
- You believe brokers will continually submit deals to you although you have no capital
- You believe lenders look at the property ONLY when considering whether to lend you money, so that your multiple bankruptcies, credit score of 490, and $80,000 in credit card debt won't matter
- You think that commercial real estate sellers will accept post dated checks for $100 as sufficent earnest money.
- You believe no seller is sharp enough to see through the numerous “weasel” clauses you put into your purchase contracts
- You are persuaded that the only difference between a $1000 transaction and a $1,000,000 transaction are the amount of 0's
- You believe everyone who critsizes your plan is jealeous and wants to see you fail
- You believe that 20 years of hands on experience, a four year college degree in real estate and yearly mandatory education seminars can be trumped by the “intense training” 3 day seminar you just paid $7000 for.
- You believe that the $7000 you just borrowed on your newly increased credit line to pay for that seminar is an “investment”
- You can't believe people actually wasted $80,000 and four years of their life learning “useless” information in college
- You believe assembling your real estate “team” is your key to success and a necessary first step
- You believe you can actually contract with the best “players” in the industry although you have no experience, capital, or track record
- You believe that once you find the deal that fits the formula money will come to you
- You believe that your Guru has provided you with exclusive information on how to find “bargain” deals
- You believe one in a life time “steals” are an everyday occurance
- You believe you can be successful working “the system” on just weekends and holidays
- You believe the Guru got rich by actually doing real estate deals rather than by using a slick promotional sales and training system
- You believe the personnel provided to assist you are actually real estate investors who actually have experience and knowledge and aren't just some failed salesman reading from a script
- You believe you're the first person to think of using BiggerPockets as your source of wholesale leads or to build a buyer list
- You believe wholesaling is investing
- You think the term is “whole selling” not wholesaling.
I am curious? what struck the nerve to make you want to post this? I want to assume it is the countless number of rookies that contact you with high hopes of 100% funding. At least the Guru's say you can....
You may have been to a Guru seminar if...
The only correct answer to the question "Do you want to succeed is....
YES OR YES
Free eBook from BiggerPockets!
Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!
- Actionable advice for getting started,
- Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
- Learn how to get started with or without money,
- Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
- And a LOT more.
Sign up below to download the eBook for FREE today!
We hate spam just as much as you
Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community
Basic membership is free, forever.