New in Columbus Ohio

6 Replies

Hello I am new to bigger pockets, my name is Erik and I have read over the forums and a few articles before I joined. I am 25 years old and very interested in making money and possibly a career out of real estate. I just bought a condo for 70,000 to live in for a year and then begin to rent out. I am interested in obtaining rental properties and purchasing properties to flip. I joined in hopes of getting advice as how to begin with limited funds. If anyone is in the columbus area and would be willing to offer some wisdom I would enjoy that. Or anyone else for that matter, I'm all ears. Thank you in advance.

P.S. I wrote this post on my iPhone, please excuse any typos

@Account Closed  If you're willing to start in some less desirable neighborhoods, you can learn and make mistakes with smaller amounts of money. I've been buying, rehabbing and refinancing in an area with "cheap" real estate. I'm glad I've made my mistakes and learned on $50,000 properties rather than $150,000 properties.

Mike

Medium oak tree real estate logo jpgMichael Wentzel, Oak Tree Real Estate, LLC | [email protected] | 719 338 2786 | http://www.oaktree-realestate.com

@John Horner hey John, can you elaborate a little more on the market in Columbus? My father lives there and I want to help him get to an early retirement by coaching him through investing. I was going to start at the top of the year with him and wanted to start doing my homework on the market out there till then.

Thanks!

@Account Closed welcome to the investing community. Columbus is a great city for building a portfolio

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you