Bought our fourth multifamily rental - in a new state!

7 Replies

Excited to say that my husband and I closed escrow last week on our fourth rental!  We already own one in CA and 2 in AZ, but just bought this one in CO.

Here's a little run down of some basics: it's a fourplex built in the 1980s. Price was $340,000 and we put 25% down and got a mortgage payment of $1350/month. Each unit is rented for $800 (for a GRM of 8.9), but should be at least $850-$900 (for a GRM of 8.3 or 7.9). It had T-lock roof on it, but the seller had a brand new roof put on while we were in escrow. Needs 4 new windows and exterior paint, but otherwise pretty good. Got a PM to manage it for us out there. Not as good as the deals available a few years ago, but it's still turning a profit. Should net over $100/unit at current rents for a 6% ROI, which will go to over $150/unit and 8% ROI at rents of $850.

Most expensive Christmas present we ever bought ourselves!

@Kimberly T.  congrats on your great Christmas present! Hopefully this Christmas present begins to buy you your future holiday gifts for many years to come.

Congrats @Kimberly T. from the numbers you posted looks like you got a great deal!

@Kimberly T.  

Big congrats on this great acquisition.. Its a wonderful Christmas present that points to what is in store for you in 2015!!! Congratulations once again :) 

Congratulation on your new house! We are also in the 3 states rental club :)

P.S. I know exactly how you feel. We are buying 3 houses this year. My husband said they covered Christmas, My birthday and our Annivesrary 

@Kimberly T.  Congrats! I hope 2015 brings you even more success! The numbers look great to me! 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.