What Are Your "Best Practices" when Researching a Residential Market?

What Are Your "Best Practices" when Researching a Residential Market?

Rental Property Investor · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2013 · 85 posts · 146 votes

Hello All,

What are your best practices that you use to analyze a certain market or neighborhood in order to figure if you want to invest there or not? (I am looking at this from a macro level)

What are the trends that you look for? 

What are the resources that you use? 

I know this is a broad question because this question will be different for buy & hold, wholesaling, flipping, etc. 

Thanks in advance!

0Reply
6 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Curt DavisBusiness Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Memphis, TN · Member since 2008 · 5k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    11y

    One thing I do is look to see what other homes have sold for in the area and how many are retail compared to investor sales. Since I am a Realtor I can look up my own comps. 

    Curt Davis - KAIZEN Realty538 Reviews
  • Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2014 · 132 posts · 40 votes
    11y

    From macro level, I always check city-data.com and search the city and zipcode. It has rich information about the target area. Data can also found from US census as well.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.