Do You Smell money, Or Would You Run Away From This?

7 Replies

I have found that probates are the most motivated seller leads out in the market place, and we run across properties like this all the time. Does this type of property scare you? It shouldn't as money is to be made on homes likes this every day. This property was not even close to the horrific home we recently saw in Irvine, California. If your picking up properties at 60-70% of ARV WHO CARES WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE!!!!!

Bernie, get negotiating!

How the numbers look is a lot more important than how the property looks.

@Bernie Germani  Preach! I know there is a lot of interest in probate deals, but the barrier to entry tends to be learning the process and focusing one's effort on that type of deal. If you are successfully finding them I would go for it. 

As a side note, it's interesting how someone become a hoarder in a relatively new community like Irvine (?) esoecially since it's so tightly controlled by the City and The Irvine Co.

Also, demographically Irvine has not been ripe although just north in Tustin and adjacent unincorporated county area(s) the demo's are great. What's been inaccurately implied in this thread is that most probates are not distressed sales. 

I've done well over a thousand (!) trust and estate deals and keep good records as to what the major triggers are/were for people. 

Dead people don't care. 

Properties don't care. 

Living people have agendas, and life problems and conflicts and deadlines imposed by others. Connect with them on an emotional level. But first, you must understand how the laws work in your area, what may threaten or interfere with your plans, the documents, smart ways to structure and how to communicate with the various players.

Now, which pile did I out that book on heading...?

Originally posted by @Bernie Germani :

I have found that probates are the most motivated seller leads out in the market place, and we run across properties like this all the time. Does this type of property scare you? It shouldn't as money is to be made on homes likes this every day. This property was not even close to the horrific home we recently saw in Irvine, California. If your picking up properties at 60-70% of ARV WHO CARES WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE!!!!!

Bernie - Brotha:  Ka-ching

most people see a mess - I see a slot machine!!!

We are problem solvers!!!  I love these deals!!

I call my boys From "STORAGE WARS" they bid on the contents - they haul everything away...

Good luck  - with this deal!!

Michael Rae

Michael Rae,

Thanks for the encouragement, as it sounds like you agree 100% that probate leads are the best lead for a motivated seller. I will have to connect with you then about your guys from Storage Wars, as I'm sure you can relate to the hoarder properties you come across as well. Hey so what is the probatenetwork all about? It looks interesting, and would love to get more information.

Originally posted by @MICHAEL YBARRA :
Originally posted by @Bernie Germani:

Bernie - Brotha:  Ka-ching

most people see a mess - I see a slot machine!!!

We are problem solvers!!!  I love these deals!!

I call my boys From "STORAGE WARS" they bid on the contents - they haul everything away...

Good luck  - with this deal!!

Michael Rae

YUUUUUUUP

James Wise, Real Estate Agent in OH (#2015001161)
216-661-6633

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.