Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2014 · 135 posts · 37 votes
11y
Hi Todd, I would suggest that you find a local REIA (here is one place you could start your search: http://www.nationalreia.com/) and start talking with people. Tell people what types of properties you are looking for and ask if they know good wholesalers. The best wholesalers usually bring their properties to a few high quality buyers first. You become one of those high quality buyers by getting out there, meeting people, and proving you will consistently follow through on your end of the deal. Real estate is all about relationships. Start building them now by connecting with the local community. In person meetings are much more powerful than online conversation. Also, the more specific you can be when describing your ideal property, the more likely people are going to be to come to you first when they have a property that matches your description. If you still want to look for deals online, the first place I suggest you check is the BiggerPockets marketplace.
Investor · Douglasville, GA · Member since 2014 · 313 posts · 181 votes
11y
You can search in Marketplace even with a free account. You need the Pro account to post in the Marketplace.
I have found Wholesalers by calling the number on the "we buy houses" signs in my area, and let them know I am a cash buyer. Also check craigslist for people selling houses. often they are wholesalers, and you can get on their list.
If there is a list on the web somewhere, I'd love to find it too.