Need help finding Real Estate Wholesalers in Massachusetts

3 Replies

As a new investor how do I find professional wholesalers looking to enhance their buyers list. Also, does anyone know of a truly investor friendly Real Estate Agent/Broker that deals in Boston's surrounding areas? I know a lot of Agents claim to be but the actual percentage is very low. Can I get REO lists before they hit the market? Detailed information specific to my area is highly appreciated.
Thanks,
Jennifer

@Jennifer Whalen

Welcome. 

Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info. Here you will meet wholesalers who provide deals and rehabbers (cash buyers). You can also locate investor friendly agents.

Two Great reads, I bought both J. Scott The Book on Flipping Houses, The Book on Estimating ReHab Costs http://www.biggerpockets.com/flippingbook

Good read The Real Estate Agent’s Ultimate Guide to Working with Investors http://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/2013/08/24/real-estate-agents-working-with-investors/

Download BP’s newest book here some good due diligence in Chapter 10. Real Estate Rewind Starting over

http://www.biggerpockets.com/files/user/brandonatbp/file/real-estate-rewind-a-biggerpockets-community-book

Good Luck

Paul 

@Jennifer Whalen , you find wholesalers several ways:

1.  Attending local investor groups.  Do not assume that because a group meets in a specific town, that it is attended only by investors from that town.  Attend as many events as you can, both free and paid, and stand up during the introductions and tell people you are looking to get one a wholesaler's buyer list.  Know that 90% of those who say they are wholesalers have never done and deal, and never will.  That's ok.  They all need to start somewhere, just like you do.  also, rehabbers who do their own marketing also sometimes sell deals, so hand out your business card freely, and if you have actual cash, make sure they know it. 

There are many in the Boston area:

My own Black Diamond, url in my signature

Massrealestate.net run by @Mike Hurney

NEREIA.com

BostonAREIA.com

MyEasternMassREIA.com

House Flipping School run by @Mike LaCava

Boston Investor Meetup run by @Justin Silverio

There are plenty of others, these are just some of them

2.  Attending foreclosure auctions.  Many of the regular buyers wholesale those deals.  Don't try to bid against them if you are a beginner, just connect and tell them you're a buyer. 

3.  Networking on Bigger Pockets, RE groups on Linked in and Facebook, etc.  

@Jennifer Whalen Welcome.

It's always good if you ACTUALLY TRY to do something YOURSELF before asking for help rather than just reading/listening and asking.

Not that you didn't;-)

e.g. We've got a Flipping/Wholesaling Subgroup that meets once a month. One of the "Assignments" the two Mentors gave out was: Find houses in need of repair that also had driveways/walkways that needed to be shoveled (many false leads with the recent 102" of snow;-)

We exchanged phone and email information so folks could call the Mentors with the data and we could reach out to find the owners after strategizing on contact approaches.

Of the 50+ folks involved almost all of them said it was too much work and their Brother-in-law, Uncle, Mother, Father, Sisters, Co-Workers or Neighbors said it wouldn't work. And they'd rather send out 10,000. yellow cards.

So as the god of Real Estate Success (Nike) has told us: Just Do It!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here