Please share your experience with SF rentals in Marysville WA

2 Replies

Hello folks,

I am about to invest in a single family rental home 3/2.5 located in Marysville (Olympic Sunset/Soper Hill/Sunnyside area). Anyone have any experience with SF rentals in this area? Marysville Schools don't compare well with neighboring Districts (Lake Stevens). Does that turn off potential renters in your experience? Any other thoughts about the area as a landlord? Thank you!

Hi @Teresa Catford .  As a renter and parent in Marysville, I can tell you there are plenty of families who are OK with the public school system in Marysville (IMO all public school systems in any area suck for their own reasons) and Marysville has a strong sense of community not found in Seattle.  I do not believe the home being in the Marysville school district would deter renters and there are plenty of renters out there with no children to rent to as well.  Also, rents in this area seem to be on a steady rise and the area you're buying in rents fast with the right marketing and pricing.  I would recommend listing your property with a Realtor and I have the perfect one for you. If you're interested message me.

Thanks for the feedback Aaron!  I actually am a teacher myself and my former favorite principal is one the superintendents in Marysville SD. I ended up not going for that house because of the way it was situated on the hill (other houses towering down in the back - no privacy for renters).  I like your advice to use professional marketing to get started. I do want to manage myself but may need help at the outset once I find my place.  I'll contact you when that time comes for leads on a Realtor. All the best.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.