Memphis Versus North Mississippi?

Memphis Versus North Mississippi?

Investor · Sacramento , CA · Member since 2014 · 20 posts · 7 votes

Hey there Memphis area BP Friends!

Can anyone tell me what they're seeing on the ground with the North Mississippi SFH rental market (Olive Branch, Horn Lake, Southhaven, etc.)? What are the pro's/con's of N. Miss versus investing in the Memphis area ? Are there any unique market characteristics that make N. Miss a more desirable investment locale than the Memphis area? What's the rental demand in N. MIss.?

Thanks a ton,

Paul

0Reply
95 views

Most Popular Reply

Memphis, TN · Member since 2013 · 969 posts · 524 votes
11y

@Paul Burke

 @Al Wilson

@Dean Letfus

@Tony Blaine

@Michael Hayes

As far a crime in Memphis you are all right it is all over Memphis... I beg to differ it is just in concentrated areas... I see Cordova, Germantown, and Hacks Cross just to name a few of the so called great not hood areas on the news every day..... Anything can happen anywhere just because I live, lived, and invest in areas that others would consider hood or war zones give me any address that some of the other turnkey providers are selling and I can send you a long list of crime report that has happen in that zip code or less than 5 miles away from the home they are selling.

Let's all just call a spade a spade Memphis is not the safest place to live regardless of where you claim to stay and that's the truth from a person who has lived in Memphis 34 years and I have invested here for the last 11years. Yes I can do things others can't do which is invest in so called hoods... which I feel is the highest degree of stereotypes not surprising just sad!!

Happy Investing to all,

Derrick

See this reply in the discussion

27 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Douglas SkipworthBusiness Member
    Rental Property Investor · Memphis, TN · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    My personal experience in Memphis and North MS mirrors James and Jay's comments above.  There are compelling, but different reasons to invest in each area.  

    Personally, I love both places and have rentals in both.  And, I will continue to buy in both areas as the opportunity presents itself.  I encourage most investors to do so if it meets their investments criteria and goals.

    Hope that helps.

    Investor's Guide to Memphis Real Estate
    View Page
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.