Investing in SFR VS Condo/Townhomes

Investing in SFR VS Condo/Townhomes

Investor · O Fallon, IL · Member since 2015 · 4 posts · 0 votes

Hello all, 

I am currently reading The Millionaire Real Estate Investor and I have a question.

From reading this book, I am realizing the equity has a major role in investing and net worth.

From an Equity standpoint, are SFR's better than Condo's or Townhomes?

Thanks in advance

0Reply
13 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Adam BartomeoBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Cape Coral, FL · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    Normally a SFR is always going to out perform condos and town homes. This is not always accurate but I use it as a great rule of thumb. There are investors that will tell you to ALWAYS avoid condos but I think that they could be ok.

    I have never found a condo or town home where the numbers worked better then a SFR. The reason for this is because the demand for SFR is much higher then the others. Hope this helps.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.