Apartment complexes can bankrupt you.A must-read breaking news.

Apartment complexes can bankrupt you.A must-read breaking news.

Charles A.Pro Member
Rental Property Investor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2015 · 208 posts · 282 votes

http://m.news4jax.com/news/eureka-gardens-concerns-lead-to-inspection-sweep/35615660

0Reply
38 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Doug McLeodPro Member
    Investor · Cypress, TX · Member since 2014 · 496 posts · 205 votes
    11y

    @Charles A. - neither the manager nor the company will suffer much in this.  They could walk away right now and let the lender(s) sell it to another owner for the balance of the loan.  The private investors he mentioned will lose their invested capital, but chances are pretty good most of them already received more cash than they put in.

    If this goes on the block, will you have your own syndication lined up to take it over and turn it into a performing property with more conscientious management? I smell an opportunity coming - maybe.  It is government subsidized, which means it will be management and paperwork intensive - especially after this disaster.

  • Charles A.Pro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2015 · 208 posts · 282 votes
    11y

    They face willful negligence lawsuits.So I doubt anyone is going to simply walk away from this.

    But I agree it could be an opportunity for a new investor.

    Except reputation is in tatters,and any new management will need to first surmount that marketing disaster.

  • Investor · Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    @charles 

    @Charles A.interesting read - thx for sharing. 

    • Charles A.Pro Member
      OP
      Rental Property Investor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2015 · 208 posts · 282 votes
      10mo
      Quote from @Joe Fairless:

      @charles 

      @Charles A.interesting read - thx for sharing. 

      I had no idea I got a response from Joe Fairless!
      I am a Fan.👍
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.