Why do wholesalers expect me to lower my asking price ?

Why do wholesalers expect me to lower my asking price ?

Investor · Saint Augustine, FL · Member since 2015 · 227 posts · 61 votes

I have a property for sale on Craig's List...I get a lot of wholesalers...who pretend they are "cash buyers"  who say you need to lower your price so I can make a profit and my buyer can make a profit too...what am I missing...why should I do that...I do not need them... I am not in distress...do the seminars teach them that if they ask for sellers to lower their price they will ...they seem to just expect it because they ask...

0Reply
29 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Rancho Cucamonga, CA · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 684 votes
11y

Just say no.  I would ask if I were them too.

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Rancho Cucamonga, CA · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 684 votes
    11y

    Just say no.  I would ask if I were them too.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Atlantic County, NJ · Member since 2012 · 514 posts · 209 votes
    11y

    They say that because people that are motivated will lower their price. Obviously your not I don't see any problem here. 

  • Ned CareyPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    11y

    They are morons. Mostly misled by the guru seminars. 

    You don't have to do anything. If your property is really worth what you are asking then stand you ground. 

    Maybe if you look them dead in the eye and say "I don't care if you make any money. " Then call them out on the fact they said they are cash buyers when they have made it clear they are just wholesaling and aren't a buyer at all mush less a "Cash buyer".  Maybe they will start to figure out their true worth in the situation. 

    Another thing you can do is ask for a big non refundable deposit. Real cash buyers have the cash to make a big deposit. It's fun to listen to them scramble for an excuse to give a small deposit.

    I spend a lot of time helping out new investors. We were all new once. But don't play games with me because I will out game a newbie every time.

  • Specialist · Lakewood, CO · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    @Zana Blue as said above, if your property is worth more and you don't have a need to sell quickly then tell them to go away. The entire premise of wholesaling is to get a property below market value so far that it is still attractive to an investor after you've taken your cut.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.