best way to cold call expireds? REALTOR

best way to cold call expireds? REALTOR

Investor · Ascutney, VT · Member since 2015 · 291 posts · 20 votes

Should i go out a few years to call these people? or should i call them immedietely?

are there any stats that go along with this as to what the best time to age the expireds is?

0Reply
10 views

Most Popular Reply

Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
10y

@Russell Brazil  I got  a call on one last week .. it was probably 24 months expired.

Not sure how they got my direct number either..   some pretty good sleuthing.

since the property was in Charleston SC and I have a cell phone in Oregon.

So just based on that I told her what I like to buy in Charleston see if I ever hear from them again ... I doubt it sounded more like a telemarketer

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Austin, TX · Member since 2014 · 75 posts · 18 votes
    10y

    Are you referring to calling sellers on expired listings?

  • Investor · Ascutney, VT · Member since 2015 · 291 posts · 20 votes
    10y

    yes  i am

  • Real Estate Professional · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2012 · 23k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    10y

    Well, they get about a half dozen calls the morning after it expires.  You decide.

  • Russell BrazilBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Agent · Washington, D.C. · Member since 2012 · 17k+ posts · 30k+ votes
    10y

    @Wayne Brooks is right.  They are getting like 50 calls the second that listing expires.  I might look at expired listing and withdrawn listings from maybe 3 years ago.  Those people are less likely to have been recently contacted by an agent, and could possibly have a lot more equity than they did 3 years ago.

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    10y

    @Russell Brazil  I got  a call on one last week .. it was probably 24 months expired.

    Not sure how they got my direct number either..   some pretty good sleuthing.

    since the property was in Charleston SC and I have a cell phone in Oregon.

    So just based on that I told her what I like to buy in Charleston see if I ever hear from them again ... I doubt it sounded more like a telemarketer

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.