Where do you park money in the short term?

Where do you park money in the short term?

Developer · San Diego, CA · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
For those who have built up some capital, when you're buying and selling properties / notes / whatever and there's $$ laying around that you intend to put to work later, where are you holding it? The problem I'm seeing is the next project could come in 1 month or 12 months. I don't want capital doing nothing for 12 months, but I've already once made the mistake of locking it up for too long (not available when I need it). Options I've dabbled in include crowd funding platforms, municipal bonds, and plain old bank account.
0Reply
17 views

Most Popular Reply

Joe VilleneuvePro Member
Plymouth, MI · Member since 2013 · 13k+ posts · 19k+ votes
10y

I don't park anything...it's always moving.

See this reply in the discussion

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Landlord, Wholesaler and Agent · Newton, NJ · Member since 2013 · 97 posts · 46 votes
    10y

    This is my very basic approach to this, but if we're comparing returns on the money, compared to how the funds actually get tied up and managed, I just keep my investment cash that I'd like to put on a project soon in an online bank account where the APY is about 1%. For the minuscule fractions of APY that you may get above that in other vehicles, it's nice and no fuss for my needs.. and it's usually either about where a money market acct, or beats it.

    I'm sure the more advanced people will have a way better answer.

  • Joe VilleneuvePro Member
    Plymouth, MI · Member since 2013 · 13k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    10y

    I don't park anything...it's always moving.

  • JD MartinBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Rock Star Extraordinaire · Northeast, TN · Member since 2015 · 10k+ posts · 16k+ votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Joe Villeneuve:

    I don't park anything...it's always moving.

     More or less my strategy as well. Capital that is sitting around is like a guy on unemployment. Couple months or so, just a plain old bank account that has the ability to make online transfers. 

    Skyline Properties
    View Page
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.