Is it still possible to find deals off the MLS?

Is it still possible to find deals off the MLS?

Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2015 · 142 posts · 52 votes

In this day and age anybody and everybody knows how hard it is to find good deals. With that being said is the MLS still a good place to find them with all the competition there is? if offering the 80% rule on rentals which is what I'm after does that take into account?

0Reply
19 views

Most Popular Reply

Accokeek, MD · Member since 2016 · 17 posts · 2 votes
10y
I "drive for dollars" about three days a week after leaving my full time job.
See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Accokeek, MD · Member since 2016 · 17 posts · 2 votes
    10y
    I "drive for dollars" about three days a week after leaving my full time job.
  • Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2015 · 142 posts · 52 votes
    10y

    yea your absolutely right I'm going to start incorporating that in my daily routine.

  • Rock Hill, SC · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 597 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Justin Frye:

    In this day and age anybody and everybody knows how hard it is to find good deals. With that being said is the MLS still a good place to find them with all the competition there is? if offering the 80% rule on rentals which is what I'm after does that take into account?

    Every once in a while there is some thing that make the MLS.

    Very rare now a days though...

    Alex

  • Rock Hill, SC · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 597 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Phillip James:

    I "drive for dollars" about three days a week after leaving my full time job.

    Awesome  good job . Way back in the day. I used to do a lot driving ( farming ) as I called it certain areas in my town. Daily , weekly, when ever I had time.

  • Investor · Cedar Rapids, IA · Member since 2013 · 494 posts · 407 votes
    10y

    The term "good deal" is subjective. Earlier this year I found a house in my home town on the MLS that had a price reduction from 120 something to 102K. I called the same day and got an offer accepted for 100K cash. It was a short sale and the bank was local. I knew the neighborhood and builder, had someone someone do a walk through for us because we are wintering elsewhere. We closed while back in town for 10 days: paint, carpet, cleaning, new bathroom vanity, more cleaning.. etc. total of 7K and lots of elbow grease. The appraisal came back at 122,500. Immediately financed it with a local bank for 85% LTV. So, have 107K in it and got 104K back from the bank at 4%, 25 year amm., 5 year loan. It is rented for April 1st for $1150 through a PM that charges $105 month. Cash flow after PITI and PM fee is about $300 a month but all the big ticket items: roof, siding, windows, are newer so maintenance should be minimal. I think that's a pretty good deal over all and except for the elbow grease I would do one of those a month if I could.

  • Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2015 · 142 posts · 52 votes
    10y

    @Glenn McCrorey wow great find. I also have found a few things worthwhile but wanted a few opinions from more experienced investors. I have been looking for my first property for the past year and it just seems for the ones i am interested in, i make an offer and they almost always get rejected. It's a bit frustrating but i understand as an investor and a newer one at that i'm going to hear more no's then yes's.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.